• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have a question about Avengers Infinity War

fitty76

4 hours ago, fitty76 said:

What is Thanos' motivation?  He wants to be alone in the universe?  I didn't really understand why he wants the Infinity Stones.  

In the movie, he witnessed first-hand how his people out-grew his planet's resources.  As a result, all of his people died.

His mission for a long time was to keep other civilizations in the same position from falling to the same fate by indiscriminately executing half of the planet's population.  This was very long and painful to all parties involved.

The gauntlet provided the means to do all of the work needed in a single fell swoop while humanely ridding the universe of half its inhabitants.  No long or lingering suffering.  Just a few moments of fear.  Then the people of all worlds could live better as they no longer needed to fight for resources as before.

A lot of people presumed that the end scene with Thanos was where he returned to his home world.  It was Gamora's home world.  He went back to see how it had been saved by his harsh but (in his mind) necessary actions.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:16 AM, Still Brooklyn said:

If they bring the Beyonder into the mix ... oh my.

Legit in the running for stupidest comic book villain. The only thing loved about that series was the Battle Royale of everyone (and spiderman getting the black suit). I dearly hope they do not do that storyline.

19 hours ago, Moorgan said:

Legit in the running for stupidest comic book villain. The only thing loved about that series was the Battle Royale of everyone (and spiderman getting the black suit). I dearly hope they do not do that storyline.

Why is he stupid? Because before they retconned him he could squash anyone without even moving? That's why I like him. Thanos without the glove. "I'm Batman!" [Beyonder smiles] [Batman turns into a toy car] (yes, DC isn't Marvel). I like having at least one unbeatable being in the universe.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:30 AM, Still Brooklyn said:

Why is he stupid? Because before they retconned him he could squash anyone without even moving? That's why I like him. Thanos without the glove. "I'm Batman!" [Beyonder smiles] [Batman turns into a toy car] (yes, DC isn't Marvel). I like having at least one unbeatable being in the universe.

There's nothing more yawn invoking than an all powerful unbeatable villain. There's literally nothing that can be done and the entire story is bereft of drama and tension because of it. The Beyonder was so boring and the comic series was just a giant What If? storyline. There's literally no drama involved at all. Terrible in my opinion.

Archived