• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pass Rush

ellis

I mean, center is the position on the line they put you at after you've failed at all the others. It's literally a lineman's last chance to play football (maybe long snapper), no one shows up to football program wanting to play center. I'm not gonna buy that having Frederick out caused 6 sacks and all that pressure, the delta between good and bad centers just isn't that huge, they are all just kinda average lineman who had no choice but to learn how to snap the ball while another man caresses their taint.

3 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

I mean, center is the position on the line they put you at after you've failed at all the others. It's literally a lineman's last chance to play football (maybe long snapper), no one shows up to football program wanting to play center. I'm not gonna buy that having Frederick out caused 6 sacks and all that pressure, the delta between good and bad centers just isn't that huge, they are all just kinda average lineman who had no choice but to learn how to snap the ball while another man caresses their taint.

I gotta disagree with you there.

The center is very important, and it's a tough job. You have to make the line calls, you have to make the snap (bad snaps have killed many a game) and you have to stand up and adjust after making the snap because there's a guy already coming at you.

My opinion: the center has more responsibility than any other position on the line. That's definitely not where I put my worst lineman.

15 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

sorry but this is completely wrong.

Archived