• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Red Dead 2 Thread?

thefuzz

this game sucks.   i don't want to repair wagon wheels.   if you like skyrim you'll love it.   anybody wanna buy my copy?  i got it with the ps4 bundle.    only fun thing is walking in a bar and letting the lead fly.  i mean, if you have the patience for d&d you'll love it.  if not, it sucks.    skyrim in the old west.  1 button fighting, deadeye, blah blah blah.    $30 includes shipping.   also, if anyone  knows a family who couldn't afford an xbox one, but would love one for their kids i'll ship it to you with my xbox games for free.  pm me

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

I haven't really had time to dig in on the horse selections.  Is there a big difference in them?  Like noticeable?

I'm only on my second horse.  I bought a racehorse from the stable after the mission that takes you to the one in Valentine.  It is faster for sure.  I haven't really noticed a difference in vitality, because I haven't had any horses die on me.  Apparently there are some that can take a lot more damage than others.  Chasing that Arabian, I would say it was much faster than my current horse.

On another note, here is a link to a PDF of the official guide for anyone that's interested.  It does have some spoilers on the missions, but you can skip those to get straight to the helpful points about legendary animals, horses, weaponry, and my personal favorite, hair growth.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x-ySiyiCrP9KBqqgz3LwxuAaC69zukqA/view?ts=5bd7579b

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

This game is fantastic. Who else is playing?

Online will be up later this month.

It's such a SLOW burn.

I'm still struggling with shooting and defending myself...tough to live through a gunfight with 4 or more people....who knew?

Yeah its taken me days to just get a feel for the controls, gun fights, etc.

What I can and can't do in the world, seems easy to provoke people to pull a gun on you, i rode through someones farm the other day and it seemed the whole family opened fire on me. 

The depth of the game is incredible. 

50 minutes ago, PurityControl said:

Yeah its taken me days to just get a feel for the controls, gun fights, etc.

What I can and can't do in the world, seems easy to provoke people to pull a gun on you, i rode through someones farm the other day and it seemed the whole family opened fire on me. 

The depth of the game is incredible. 

Same.  I seem to make people pretty mad all the time.  Just riding along, and someone starts mouthing off.  I try to defuse the situation, and they end up firing on me.

And the bounty hunters....those dudes come in waves.

Still in Chapter 2 after about 15 hours of gameplay but think I'm nearing the end of that chapter (yellow missions have basically stopped, only have Marston's mission in Valentine on the map currently). Just kinda doing stuff. Not too much exploration for the sake of exploration, but I'm taking every favor and side quest along the way as I go. Done well to keep my reputation in the positive. Been trying to buy the upgrades to camp and keep food in stock. Feel like that's how they want you to play. Can't exactly fly through it and become immersed, and I am going full immersion at this point (I rarely veer off paths and if I do, it's open field. Try to avoid riding through people's property. Try to get back to camp by nightfall unless I'm on a quest at that time, get to bed until morning. Wake up, drink a cup of coffee, check in with people, then head off. Etc.). 

It's a way to play. I'm in no rush. I'm loving this game.

Archived