• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Its time to fire Rivera

On 10/8/2018 at 1:22 AM, Sevy87 said:

Anyone hating on Rivera. Listen to his post game interview. Owns up to his mistakes. Whether you like it or not. You can’t call yourself a true fan & not see Rivera is a players coach. Compared to the coaches we’ve had that lost the locker room,  Rivera has yet to reach that point & im happy we have him. He deserves blame. Grass isn’t always greener though. 

That only matters if he doesn't do it again.   He does.   And has for years.     So saying "I suck" but not fixing what sucks is worthless at this point.  

On 10/8/2018 at 11:10 AM, *FreeFua* said:

The thing is, Ron plays to win by 2. With that type of play you’re banking on a couple lucky bounces going your way when you don’t need to.

It’s sh!t like coming out after a big interception and running the ball when it hasn’t been working all day instead of going for the kill. Eventually setting up a 3rd and long...

We saw the same sh!t with Shula so I’m beginning to think this is more on Ron than the OC’s. It’s a real problem that always ends up biting us in the ass when it counts the most. The Giants are an AWFUL team there was no reason whatsoever to make that game as close as it was

Coming off a big turnover is almost always the perfect time to take a shot down field if anything and catch them off guard. We come out and run it up the middle for no gain. Just straight foolishness. 

Boy, I'll tell ya, there's some Inception level stuff going on in this discussion.

One of Ron Rivera's weaknesses is that he's tended to either be satisfied with or severely overestimate players (and assistant coaches) who are "good enough". He'll champion and defend guys who ought to be benched or outright cut because they're "good guys" who try really hard.

And ironically enough, that's Rivera himself as a head coach.

The crux of this debate is weather Rivera is really an elite coach who just hasn't gotten there yet or a guy who's only "good enough" to win some games but won't ever really get you over the top.

I guess we have to wait to see whether the top keeps on spinning.

7 minutes ago, Definitely Not Trolling said:

We never win after the by week!

Won after the bye week 4 years in a row

Our offense sucks!

Scored 3rd most points in NFL this week

Fire Rivera!

3-1 record and has the most wins in the division since he has been a head coach

$ Huddle gonna Huddle $

if he finishes with a really good win-loss record but never wins a Super Bowl, is he a success?

2 minutes ago, Definitely Not Trolling said:

Hypothetically I would need to borrow your time machine to make sure you aren't lying about never winning a SB

I can pretty well guarantee that if he goes into another one thinking they should just stick to what they're already doing, it's not gonna happen.

But if I take my time machine into the future, will I see that you've answered the hypothetical question?

4 minutes ago, Definitely Not Trolling said:

If we Fire Rivera then don't win a game for 3 seasons is that a success ?

Did we hire Hue Jackson?

Let's not forget that the beginning of Rivera's career included two losing seasons. John Fox, the guy who Rivera is apparently cloned from, was at least successful a little sooner. Should we have hung on to him rather than going after Rivera?

Yes, it is possible that we could hire a bad coach. That potential is not a good argument for hanging onto a coach who's good, but not good enough to win a championship.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I can pretty well guarantee that if he goes into another one thinking they should just stick to what they're already doing, it's not gonna happen.

But if I take my time machine into the future, will I see that you've answered the hypothetical question?

"Pretty much guarantees" of future hypothetical outcomes won't hold up in the court of law. So I plead the 5th till I see proof of these hypothetical outcomes

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Did we hire Hue Jackson?

Let's not forget that the beginning of Rivera's career included two losing seasons. John Fox, the guy who Rivera is apparently cloned from, was at least successful a little sooner. Should we have hung on to him rather than going after Rivera?

Yes, it is possible that we could hire a bad coach. That potential is not a good argument for hanging onto a coach who's good, but not good enough to win a championship.

We might hire Hue Jackson or Brittney Spears, IDK. Not good enough to win a championship is an opinion however. I will stick with a coach that can win division titles and make Superbowl runs as a better option then a coach that can't even make it to the playoffs, which all that's available as a replacement.

10 minutes ago, Definitely Not Trolling said:

"Pretty much guarantees" of future hypothetical outcomes won't hold up in the court of law. So I plead the 5th till I see proof of these hypothetical outcomes

I can cite precedent: Broncos v. Panthers in 2015.

7 minutes ago, Definitely Not Trolling said:

We might hire Hue Jackson or Brittney Spears, IDK. Not good enough to win a championship is an opinion however. I will stick with a coach that can win division titles and make Superbowl runs as a better option then a coach that can't even make it to the playoffs, which all that's available as a replacement.

That's ridiculously speculative.

Up until last year, Doug Pederson was one of those guys who'd never been a head coach before. Now he's a Super Bowl champion. Meanwhile, Andy Reid is out there padding his regular season record while still not winning championships.

We all want "Riverboat Ron" to take chances, but we're scared sh-tless to have our franchise do it.

Archived