• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Gameday Thread

Shocker

Parker comes back and amazingly gets us all squared at 45 at the half. Both Parker and MKG are above their season averages in the first half.

Paker: 13 points (100% FG, 100% FT), 3 assists, 1 rebound

Walker: 11 points (50% FG, 60% 3PT), 2 rebounds, 1 assist

Kidd-Gilchrist: 8 points (66% FG, 100% FT), 1 rebound, 1 steal

Well, we managed to escape with a win. Who would have thought that Monk, Marv, and Biz would come up huge in the fourth. We didn't shoot the ball great but we got contributions from five different players which was huge.

Walker: 23 points (83% FT), 4 assists, 3 rebounds

Monk: 20 points (50% 3PT, 100% FT), 3 rebounds, 1 block

Williams: 16 points (50% FG), 4 rebounds, 1 steal

Parker: 15 points (66% FG, 100% FT), 7 assists, 1 rebound

Kidd-Gilchrist: 10 points (50% FG, 100% FT), 4 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block

Key Stat: Monk led the team with a +17

I find it odd that Miles hasn't tried to find his offense yet as he had zero field goal attempts tonight but I assume his time will come.

Everyone and everything on this team except for Kemba, Devontae, Malik, and Miles should be available for trade. Only problem is I don't know who we could acquire worth a damn without giving one of them up.

Still would love Marc Gasol since I think he would be the cheapest, most impactful player we could get.

The Hornets looked like garbage while Bobby Portis was lighting them up in the first half but they put together a real nice second half scoring 74 points in a 125-118 win over the Bulls.

Couple of notes:

Kemba has passed Alonzo Mourning on the Hornets all-time rebound list, he is now at 6th. He also leads all guards in the eastern conference with 14 games of 30 or more points.

This is Monk's fourth straight game in double figures, he is averaging 17 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 2.25 assists during this impressive stretch, the big thing for him is keeping the turnovers down as he is also averaging 2.25 turnovers a game (which is a PG number), even Nic only averages 1.6.

The Hornets now sit 1.5 games ahead of Miami for the 7th seed in the east and only 1 game back of Brooklyn for the sixth seed.

STATS

Miles Bridges: 13 points (71% FG, 66% 3PT), 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal

Marvin Williams: 13 points (55% FG, 50% 3PT), 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block

Jeremy Lamb: 13 points (100% FT), 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal

Nic Batum: 16 points (60% FG, 57% 3PT), 5 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal

Malik Monk: 18 points (66% FG, 100% FT), 5 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 block

Kemba Walker: 37 points (92% FT), 10 assists, 6 rebounds, and 1 steal

Archived