• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have a 2 game lead in the Wildcard picture

Mage

34 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

The worst case scenario would be having to play the eagles in philly again. And with Washington’s injuries that’s looking more and more likely by the minute 

well if the cowboys win then we have another game buffer there, which is great tbh.

2 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

People just need to forget the score. If we had lost that game 31-28 then everyone would agree that we're sitting pretty.

Some losses are worse than others.  That might've been the absolute worst loss in franchise regular season history, considering the level of talent we're currently fielding.  

If they can bounce back and pick up where we left off before the Pitt game, great.  But even so, NO looks distrubingly good, to the point that I worry our games will be just as bad as last years...  and regardless of what happens with us and NO, there is something seriously wrong with the defense, and it isn't personnel, and I don't trust the coaches are capable of fixing it.

14 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

People just need to forget the score. If we had lost that game 31-28 then everyone would agree that we're sitting pretty.

Disagree. With how well the Aints are playing, that was a hugely important game to win. Getting embarrassed was horrible and it put way more doubt in my mind about this team than a close loss would've, but any kind of loss that game was a tremendous setback for the division--and therefore, the playoffs. Anything can happen but it'll be tough to make the SB this year as a wildcard. We're way better at home than on the road this year and winning in the dome is damn hard. Yes, we still control our destiny for the 2 seed but that could very well require winning in NO week 17--no easy task. 

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We don't have a 2 game lead. You are forgetting the Packers at 4-4-1.

Unless we also tie, that's basically a 2 game lead. Only difference is if they win 2, and we lose 2 they're definitely ahead of us rather than going to tiebreakers. But if we lose one, they win one, we're ahead.

1 hour ago, Trill OG said:

If we can find a way to avoid the Saints, I like our chances vs any other team in the NFC. The problem is I only think the Rams can beat the Saints and they might not have to play them until the NFCC game.

I totally agree and the funny part is I said that last year when we made it to playoffs. Saints are just one mismatch after another with their offensive talent. The Rams could beat anyone cause of their depth, but I feel with our playoff experience plus the fact that they haven't dealt with Cam, I would rathere the travel to LA

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

That's the definition of a 1.5 game lead. A 2 game lead means that we can lose 2 more and we are still tied for the last wildcard at worst (pretty sure the OP was saying to ignore tiebreakers). Assuming Dallas can hang on to the lead, there's still two teams with less than 5 losses. That's basically not a 2 game lead since we can only safely lose 1 more.

Ok but a 1.5 game lead for us is realistically no different than a 2 game lead, that's my point.

12 minutes ago, keeppoundingyourself said:

who? cmac..  cam, kind of.  Luke 4 years ago.  who else? funchess???

Top to bottom, especially offensively, I felt this was the most talented team we have entered a season with...  maybe you could say our 2003 team was better, but they never lost a game like this, which is my point...  for the amount of talent/potential we've seen, a loss like that should never happen...  the only way it does is a complete lack of preparation.  

Again, if we can pick up where we left off before the Pitt game, then great...  but, I'm still not gonna trust our ability to really lock in and dominate playoff-caliber teams going forward.  We lack focus on the road and the defense is more than suspect.

Archived