• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This forum goes into shambles when we lose.

Steve Smith

It would be different if our secondary didn't play like absolute garbage and get owned by a TE over and over and over. We scored 28 points, our defense needed to make some stops, they didn't.

The rushing yards, I can understand, with Kemo and Lewis out, it hurt. But our overpaid secondary dropped the ball big time.

I'm not going to get too upset over a loss when the team is sitting at 11-4 and still has a chance to earn a #2 seed. If we lose to the Saints next week though, I'll be pissed.

I think that the reason this site goes to insane after losses is because of the team we have. The Panthers never just a lose a game because they were outplayed. They lose games by being horrendous in some way. Last night, it was by allowing 301 rushing yards to the Giants. A stat like that, regardless of who was hurt on the line, is just pathetic. Add that to the fact that our corners continue to play 15 yards off the receiver, allowing easy first downs anytime the opponent wants it, and our non-coverage of tight ends...it's easy to see how people would be upset. In our other losses this year, we were blown out and looked like crap again.

In my entire history of being a Panthers fan, the Super Bowl is the only game I can recall where I was still proud of the overall team effort at the end of a loss.

Archived