• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The one person that cost us this game?

Samuel L. Jackson

Mike Trgovac...

How hard is it to stop a HB draw (by a backup HB even) out of the shotgun formation that you KNOW is coming?

How hard is it to man up on a Tight End?

How hard is it to get your corners on the actual line of scrimmage and out of a soft zone against SUB-PAR Wide Receivers?

We are in real trouble if Fox doesn't do something about the defensive schemes/playcalling....

This will be my only post about last night's game... There are no excuses for how our defense played and were coached last night...

I'll give the Giants credit for the win, and for being professional and hospitable, but we are clearly the better team, and as much as I hate to say it, we were outcoached in all phases.. especially defense..

Yeah, I called the HB draw before they ran it. Watching the Giants is sometimes very much like looking in the mriror.

IMHO what cost us the game was not going for it on 4th and 3 at midfield during overtime. We had just stopped the Giants; they punted to us (I was surprised the D stopped them). We have the ball at midfield on 4th and 3. Convert, and we likely get another shot at a field goal at least. I looked at my buddy and said, "We need to go for it here...send a statement...we WANT this win. Our defense is done. If the Giants get the ball back, it's over!"

"Have a little faith," he said.

I didn't.

You know how yesterday New England pounded the Cardinals and didn't stop, classless maybe, unsportsmanlike I don't think so.

You play to win, not play to not lose, you go for the jugular and then decapitate the SOB.

I wish our defense had one ounce of the heart you see in guys like Ray Lewis or Mike Vrabel or Brian Dawkins.

I miss Mike Minter....

I blame the loss on Kemo, no way he should have gone down with an ankle injury at this point in the season. Thanks to his fat, useless, run stuffing, block consuming ass we had OG's getting to the second level of the defense and taking would be tacklers out of the play.

What a piece of poo....

Get real people, it's a team game, it was a team loss, but this is still one of the best TEAMS in the NFC and in the league.

I blame the huddlers that were too f*cking cocky about this game. All week I kept reading posts that IMO, were way too cocky for the situation. Keep your mouth shut and let the actions speak for themselves. PLease Please, the game agianst the Saints, It would be nice if you don't smack talk with reagard to victory. Talk sh*t about the saints all you want, but DO NOT gaurantee victories as I saw quite a bit this past week

Im sorry- I forgot its us who straps up and plays the game. How dare us fans have confidence in our team.

I will be sure to be a cowering little bitch this week- just for you!

I blame the loss on Kemo, no way he should have gone down with an ankle injury at this point in the season. Thanks to his fat, useless, run stuffing, block consuming ass we had OG's getting to the second level of the defense and taking would be tacklers out of the play.

What a piece of sh*t....

Get real people, it's a team game, it was a team loss, but this is still one of the best TEAMS in the NFC and in the league.

What kind of ankle injury are we talking about?

If the dude is 300 pounds and his little ankle took the load don't rip the dude, are you gonna talk sh*t about Vincent next, groin injuries are for pussies....:thumbsup:

I blame the huddlers that were too f*cking cocky about this game. All week I kept reading posts that IMO, were way too cocky for the situation. Keep your mouth shut and let the actions speak for themselves. PLease Please, the game agianst the Saints, It would be nice if you don't smack talk with reagard to victory. Talk sh*t about the saints all you want, but DO NOT gaurantee victories as I saw quite a bit this past week

While I don't think we lost because of the huddlers, I do agree with your sentiments that they were getting overconfident.

Hell, we haven't even won our division, and i'm seeing "GIANTS WON'T BEAT US IN NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME"

WTF is this crap?

They need to be worried about the Saints now.

I haven't been a Trg fan since Del Rio left. He still has not learned you cannot let a top rate QB have all day in the pocket to pick apart the DBs. Our front 4 did not consistently apply pressure to Eli, especially in passing situations. We should have brought more pressure (people) and forced him to make a decision vs. waiting for him to find a seam in our zone. The excuse used to be that our CBs were not good enough in man-man coverage. We just gave Gamble a fat contract and Lucas is not cheap either. Marshall is more than adequate as the 3rd CB. Harris and Godfrey can lay-the-wood. Why not play more man and force the WRs to beat us vs. letting Eli pick us apart.

Bring back Jack!

Really everyone knew our D was gonna give up some points last night but the thing that killed us the most was Fox being conservative in the first half when we jumped ahead and not letting Jake win the game for us in the 4th QT. Our Offense had to do exactly what it has been doing for the last two weeks. Out scoring teams by margins of 30+ but fox didnt let us do that. I really dont know if we will win any tight games for that reason. Yea it works when you dont have talent but sometimes you have to let the guys keep there mo.

Archived