• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Silver: Ron Rivera Has Been Told He Will Return In 2019

bobsfoodbasics

Just now, Car123 said:

Since when is "they" a reliable source? You're making yourself even worse. I've provided multiple sources saying Hurney worked in the scouting department.

Another source:

"Although head coach George Seifert still had the final say in all personnel matters, virtually all of the planning and execution for the 2001 draft was done by director of football operations Marty Hurney and director of player personnel Jack Bushofsky. "

Why would they group an admin nobody with the draft?

Also, you wanted Beane to be our our GM; which shows how much of a hypocrite you are. 

Actually it shows how little you know, and how desperate you're getting.

"Planning and execution" also aren't "scouting". It involves,l things like making calls to other teams to talk about trades and such. Beane did that too. And if you think a notorious control freak like Seifert let someone's else make his picks, well... :)

I'd add that I never wanted Beane as GM. I was pretty adamantly against it.

(you'd think I'd be the one with trouble remembering things, but hey...)

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Actually it shows how little you know, and how desperate you're getting.

"Planning and execution" also aren't "scouting". It involves,l things like making calls to other teams to talk about trades and such. Beane did that too. And if you think a notorious control freak like Seifert let someone's else make his picks, well... :)

I'd add that I never wanted Beane as GM. I was pretty adamantly against it.

(you'd think I'd be the one with trouble remembering things, but hey...)

You can't plan or execute the draft without having knowledge of the players in the draft. You can't be this clueless.

You believed Beane would be a good successor.

I find it odd people LOVED JR for at least 20 years of ownership and gave him the benefit of the doubt. Tepper was given 10 months.

If Tepper wins a SB in the next 25 years he'll be an upgrade over JR.

You guys act like he's been watching and involved in Panther operations for decades. There is no such thing as a perfect owner and there are many logical reasons to keep Rivera around for another season.

All i am saying is not to judge him so quickly on 10 months body of work. He literally has ZERO of his own guys yet. 

3 hours ago, MVPccaffrey said:

I should bump my thread predicting this to gloat but i'm not that type of poster.

This was a 10, 11 win team maybe if Cam's arm hadn't turned into swiss cheese half way in.  No one can win games when their QB throws 15 yard ducks.  Also not Ron's fault that Hurney once again failed to assemble a roster with depth.  Give him a GM that wasn't doing ad-reads for Bojangles 1.5 years ago and retool for another run

If Cam can't throw, he should sit.  

It's not good for him, not good for the team and not good for the season...  Worst case  scenario, what, we lose 7 straight only for NO to be bound and determined to lose to us in the finale....isn't that what happened?  we can't even be the best at sucking? 

2 minutes ago, Car123 said:

You can't plan or execute the draft without having knowledge of the players in the draft. You can't be this clueless.

You believed Beane would be a good successor.

Uh huh :)

If you remembered the GM search back when we hired Gettleman (which apparently you clearly don't) Pat Yasinskas and Joe Person kept trying to throw Brandon Beane's hat into the ring as a candidate. I was adamantly against it, and said so when I profile the candidates. I wasn't a big fan of it when he was named Assistant GM either.

Now, I'll grant that I was pretty happy about it when he got the Bills job, but that was because it meant he wouldn't be getting the Panthers gig :)

But hey, you've been trying to get other fake news stories out there in this thread anyway, so what's one more?

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Uh huh :)

If you remembered the GM search back when we hired Gettleman (which apparently you clearly don't) Pat Yasinskas and Joe Person kept trying to throw Brandon Beane's hat into the ring as a candidate. I was adamantly against it, and said so when I profile the candidates. I wasn't a big fan of it when he was named Assistant GM either.

Now, I'll grant that I was pretty happy about it when he got the Bills job, but that was because it meant he wouldn't be getting the Panthers gig :)

But hey, you've been trying to get other fake news stories out there in this thread anyway, so what's one more?

Right lol

3 hours ago, Prime said:

I know you guys think we're doing good next year because of this odd year phenomena, but it's not happening. Go look at our schedule. 

Next year is going to be a waste. I hate to say it, but it's gonna be a long time until we are a threat again. Bucs are getting another top 5 pick. Falcons and saints are miles ahead of us already. And the entire NFC is getting more and more dangerous. 

Don't ban me. 

600 days till 2020 opener. man that is just so depressing to think about. even then we likely wont be good... fug the broncos man.

17 minutes ago, Car123 said:

You can't plan or execute the draft without having knowledge of the players in the draft. You can't be this clueless

Waiting for a logical response.

Again, you don't actually understand what "execute" means.

Look kid, you can play with words to your heart's content. It's not going to make anything you say valid. To be honest though, even if you could show that Marty Hurney spent that entire three years doing nothing but scouting players, three years experience wouldn't even qualify him to be a director of scouting, much less a GM.  That's basically like saying a guy who has three years experience as an assistant defensive line coach is qualified to be a head coaching candidate.

Marty Hurney was given a job that he wasn't qualified for by a guy who had a habit of doing that kind of thing a lot. And as has been mentioned many times, Richardson was the only one dumb enough to offer him that job. Even after eleven seasons as a GM, the rest of the league wouldn't even offer him a scouting internship.

Again, we get it. he drafted your favorite player, so that must make him a good GM...at least in your mind. It doesn't actually work that way in the real world, but hey, you be you.

Archived