• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bird Box

PurityControl

Spoilers, just in case

Maybe they didnt need to show the monster/evil entity or whatever it was, but it'd just been nice to know a little more.  As we stand, they make it to saftey... I guess.  Enjoy living in that little haven you'll never be able to leave forever. 

To me the most interesting thing about the movie was her relationship with the kids who she didnt want and never named in like five or six years.  Then she was pretty close to just sacrificing one to a horrific end.

15 hours ago, Cdw said:

Spoilers, just in case

Maybe they didnt need to show the monster/evil entity or whatever it was, but it'd just been nice to know a little more.  As we stand, they make it to saftey... I guess.  Enjoy living in that little haven you'll never be able to leave forever. 

To me the most interesting thing about the movie was her relationship with the kids who she didnt want and never named in like five or six years.  Then she was pretty close to just sacrificing one to a horrific end.

I think this should have been a mini series and not a movie.    Easily a 3 part.    I would have been interested in seeing all the years between the early group getting thinned out and how they got to that last point.    It was too sudden, even with the present scenes and whatnot.     Being on netflix I think they had the opportunity to expand on the world more than a theater movie.  

On 1/7/2019 at 4:27 PM, CRA said:

yes, I liked they didn't show the "monster". 

A lot of movies would have been better off IMO if they had not actually revealed the monster/alien or whatever as well.  I can name a lot of movies I really was enjoying until they showed the monster at the end.   The viewers imagination is often a better fit despite the viewers claiming they want to see it. 

Signs

On 1/7/2019 at 4:27 PM, CRA said:

yes, I liked they didn't show the "monster". 

A lot of movies would have been better off IMO if they had not actually revealed the monster/alien or whatever as well.  I can name a lot of movies I really was enjoying until they showed the monster at the end.   The viewers imagination is often a better fit despite the viewers claiming they want to see it. 

Agree people still wonder what Rosemary’s baby looked like

12 hours ago, Shocker said:

I liked it...nice suspense flick.  I agree a big plot hole was why certain people committed immediate suicide and others didn’t.

IMO it's not a plot hole if the point of the story is to leave it in mystery, which is how I perceived it.

Archived