• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bird Box

PurityControl

One of the parts I like the most about Bird Box, aside from the memes, is that the monsters can literally represent anything you want.  I've seen people use the monster metaphor to be social media, racism, whatever.  Super cool that people can put their own spin on it.

36 minutes ago, d-dave said:

One of the parts I like the most about Bird Box, aside from the memes, is that the monsters can literally represent anything you want.  I've seen people use the monster metaphor to be social media, racism, whatever.  Super cool that people can put their own spin on it.

yes, I liked they didn't show the "monster". 

A lot of movies would have been better off IMO if they had not actually revealed the monster/alien or whatever as well.  I can name a lot of movies I really was enjoying until they showed the monster at the end.   The viewers imagination is often a better fit despite the viewers claiming they want to see it. 

On 1/7/2019 at 4:02 PM, Zaximus said:

Glad they cut it out.   Looks like I Am Legend monsters.

imagine if you were the leader of the fx department for a production company. they task you to come up with a sculpt for a monster in this experimental movie starting sandra bullock. the biggest project of your entire career. then they cut your work from the final release of the film, and the film goes viral.

59 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

imagine if you were the leader of the fx department for a production company. they task you to come up with a sculpt for a monster in this experimental movie starting sandra bullock. the biggest project of your entire career. then they cut your work from the final release of the film, and the film goes viral.

That would definitely suck.    But I think a movie like that is perfect not showing the monster.     I love "A Quiet Place" but not even sure they needed to show the monsters there either.

4 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

That would definitely suck.    But I think a movie like that is perfect not showing the monster.     I love "A Quiet Place" but not even sure they needed to show the monsters there either.

A Quiet Place was good but another movie with the ubiquitous preggo female.

Archived