• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick 9 vs 16

AU-panther

8 hours ago, Wyank said:

I don't think we were mathematically eliminated until the week 16 loss. 

Its true, the saints were played on week 17. Its an NFL marvel during the 7 games losing streak, they remained in the playoff hunt. I wanted to win week 16 even if it was a tiny chance at the playoffs. 

10 hours ago, panthers55 said:

There are plenty of "your guys" up and down the draft.

give you a great example right now of how much a difference 7 spots can make. 

Last year do you know who we would gave gotten if we'd been 7 spots higher?

Derwin James. Future All Pro, HOF safety. 

10 hours ago, Wyank said:

How was Rr supposed to lose if the Aints gave us the win?  

I'm not arguing what would have been the better outcome for the Panthers.  I'm just not sure what the Panthers could of done besides kneeling every offensive possession and running field goal block defense on every defensive possession. 

How come the Aints can give a win, but we can't?  How are the Aints supposed to lose when we're giving them the win?

8 hours ago, Manther said:

How come the Aints can give a win, but we can't?  How are the Aints supposed to lose when we're giving them the win?

What would you have done differently to lose that game?  Look at the guys who played a bulk of the time.  Rookies, backups and guys needing game reps highlighted in yellow.  A third and fourth string QB, CAP and Travaris Cadet shouldn't win games.  I would argue DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel and Ian Thomas need game reps more than anyone else on the team. 

We tried to lose that game.   Teddy Bridgewater being terrible is the reason we won.  That was his tryout game to be a starter in this league again and he was awful. 

image.png.41ff8d486f56ce158b6a8771114931eb.png

It's no use Shaka.  Some how week 17 was RR's fault.  I'm not even a RR guy.  I would have been fine with him no longer being HC.  But I'm not sure what people wanted him to do in that game. 2 teams playing back ups and back ups to back ups.  Someone had to win.  NFL players auditioning their talents for spots on any NFL team that would have them next season.  Some of them might never step on a regular season NFL field again.  Short of the HC telling his players to fug over their own future, there was no way of guaranteeing a loss in week 17.  But RR's fault. 

29 minutes ago, shaka said:

What would you have done differently to lose that game?  Look at the guys who played a bulk of the time.  Rookies, backups and guys needing game reps highlighted in yellow.  A third and fourth string QB, CAP and Travaris Cadet shouldn't win games.  I would argue DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel and Ian Thomas need game reps more than anyone else on the team. 

We tried to lose that game.   Teddy Bridgewater being terrible is the reason we won.  That was his tryout game to be a starter in this league again and he was awful. 

You win.  I guess sometimes you just can't lose in the NFL.

Archived