• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Kalil a panther in 2019?

ncfan

I would keep Kalil as the back up and draft a LT in the 1st. Get the cap hit over with because next year you've got to start extending other guys and will need the money. You can save the money by a post June 1st cut, but you still have to find a back up or starter if you don't draft someone. There are other areas we need to work on. Can't have everybody we want at every position. It's a money thing, not a loyalty thing to keep him. 

34 minutes ago, musicman said:

I would keep Kalil as the back up and draft a LT in the 1st. Get the cap hit over with because next year you've got to start extending other guys and will need the money. You can save the money by a post June 1st cut, but you still have to find a back up or starter if you don't draft someone. There are other areas we need to work on. Can't have everybody we want at every position. It's a money thing, not a loyalty thing to keep him. 

We should be approaching our roster as if we need a LT anyway... because we do. Kalil is subpar when available and rarely available. It's why I want him gone to remove the temptation of penciling him in at LT and pushing that need down the road another year. Because even if you pencil him in, it's highly likely he gets hurt and you end up shuffling the OL anyway.

Couple of things. RR said  "RIGHT NOW, we have no plans to move on"  That leaves the door open to changing their minds and cutting him.

That roaring riot article? Starts with the assumption that Kalil is healthy for the season, which means everything after that is nonsense.

Archived