• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Garrett Bradbury should be our 1st round pick

Khyber53

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Yes

Who was the last center or guard to get tagged??

Norwell had to walk than if we'd tagged him we would be fuged!!

I don't see how any team would tagged a center or a guard now...

Are they doing this with the Dline as well..

1 minute ago, Sub Zero said:

Who was the last center or guard to get tagged??

Norwell had to walk than if we'd tagged him we would be fuged!!

I don't see how any team would tagged a center or a guard now...

Are they doing this with the Dline as well..

They don’t and that’s why. No just OL. 

11 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And in this case, Bradberry is not worth taking with a pick higher than any center in memory. We are saying the same thing. Is Bradberry a top 15 player IYO? 

I think that Quenton Nelson was the best player in the draft last year.  Along with Saquon...two positions that typically get pushed down the draft board.  I have zero issue with both of them being drafted in the top 10.

If Bradbury grades out as an elite C (and I don't know if he will or not) then I have no issue selecting him at 16 what so ever.

If the 4th best DE is there with a grade lower than Bradbury, I'm not hesitating.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

I think that Quenton Nelson was the best player in the draft last year.  Along with Saquon...two positions that typically get pushed down the draft board.  I have zero issue with both of them being drafted in the top 10.

If Bradbury grades out as an elite C (and I don't know if he will or not) then I have no issue selecting him at 16 what so ever.

If the 4th best DE is there with a grade lower than Bradbury, I'm not hesitating.

I still would take the DE.. They effect the game more and have more value.. 

Also add in the fact 

DE depth chart Addison, Hayes, Obbada

C Larson

Yeah give me the 4th or 5th DE...

17 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Is it?? Centers and Guards are still considered later round needs.. When has that changed??  Og and centers want a base tag for Olinemen so when  tagged they can be paid like tackles.. Owners said hell no... Nobody wants to pay Guards and Centers like OT.  Just nobody wants to pay TE like WR's.  Its called a positional value chart..

No I will grade by financial value and position.. A Pass rush DE has more value (and if good) will blow the bank out.. If I can get that for 5 years for cheap that's what you do.. I can find a center  in a lower round who can play for 10 years at a reasonable price.. IF I draft that in the 1st he is already pretty close to top of the money value at that position and you end up paying more for a position not as highly valued as others.. And that always hurts your cap situation...

Last year Ryan counted 12.5M against the cap.

The 16th overall selection last year cost his team 2.8M against the cap last season.  About what the 16th pick would cost us next season.

We need a starter.  We need offensive line help.  So far Bradbury has been touted as a plug and play player, at a position that the Panthers seem to value a hell of a lot, and provides an instant fill for a leaving C and captain on our team.

AGAIN, if he is the highest graded player when we are on the clock, that's who I want the panthers to select.

31 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And drafting an inferior player, just because he’s the top C,(if he even is) over a better player at a deeper position, will get you burnt just as quick.  

This, I won’t go deep but positional value, team value, and potential impact should play a huge role. Granted I like bradburry but having Larsen still on the roster makes this position definitely not a dire need in the first, and can be argued if bradbury could provide a substantial difference in the teams o line play over a de,dt,lb,Cb ect

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

And this year he’s not. Not even the consensus top C. Nelson was special and everyone knew it. And RBs have went top 10 for 5 years now. So that was no big deal. Before Nelson, the last 2 Gs taken top 10 were huge busts. 

Which of the top DEs are you taking Bradberry over. Who just a couple days ago was barely considered late first round worthy? 

3 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

I still would take the DE.. They effect the game more and have more value.. 

Also add in the fact 

DE depth chart Addison, Hayes, Obbada

C Larson

Yeah give me the 4th or 5th DE...

What do you think would be the bust rate for the number 1 center vs. the number 4 DE?

Take the highest graded player always unless it's a position that you are loaded up on....and we aren't loaded up on many positions currently.

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And this year he’s not. Not even the consensus top C. Nelson was special and everyone knew it. And RBs have went top 10 for 5 years now. So that was no big deal. Before Nelson, the last 2 Gs taken top 10 were huge busts. 

Which of the top DEs are you taking Bradberry over. Who just a couple days ago was barely considered late first round worthy? 

I am not a scout.  I do not watch very much college football.  I have no idea where the final grades for any of these players will end up in our draft room, and neither do you.

I want the very best player that we can get at 16 that isn't a QB, RB, or MLB.  That is it.  End of discussion.  I do think that player needs to be an immediate starter, and I see more value in keeping a 30 year old QB standing upright and healthy over a hopeful pass rusher.

How many immediate impact DE's have been taken at 16 or farther back lately?

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I am not a scout.  I do not watch very much college football.  I have no idea where the final grades for any of these players will end up in our draft room, and neither do you.

I want the very best player that we can get at 16 that isn't a QB, RB, or MLB.  That is it.  End of discussion.  I do think that player needs to be an immediate starter, and I see more value in keeping a 30 year old QB standing upright and healthy over a hopeful pass rusher.

How many immediate impact DE's have been taken at 16 or farther back lately?

Oh FFS! Why am I wasting time with you. You don’t even know who we are discussing? 

8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Oh FFS! Why am I wasting time with you. You don’t even know who we are discussing? 

You quoted me pal.

Go back and look at my first post, then see if anything that I said has changed since then.

I want the best possible player at 16 we can get.  If that's a T, DT, DE, C, I don't really care, as long as we take the best one.  I'm arguing to throw out the antiquated "rule book" not who to take where or why.

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

You quoted me pal.

Go back and look at my first post, then see if anything that I said has changed since then.

I want the best possible player at 16 we can get.  If that's a T, DT, DE, C, I don't really care, as long as we take the best one.  I'm arguing to throw out the antiquated "rule book" not who to take where or why.

I do too. But we can’t have that discussion if you don’t know who the players involved are. And don’t even know if a “rule book” applies in this situation. Just decided it applied with no understanding of the players. Do some homework. 

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

I do too. But we can’t have that discussion if you don’t know who the players involved are. And don’t even know if a “rule book” applies in this situation. Just decided it applied with no understanding of the players. Do some homework. 

We don't have to have any discussion at all, and I'm not in high school.  Any "homework" I do has a lot more to do with making money than talking about 21 year old college athletes.

I haven't once mentioned a player in this thread that I would draft if he falls here, slips by Detroit, or what have you....I'm simply here saying that drafting a Center shouldn't be off the board if he is your highest ranked player.  And by "your highest ranked player" I do not mean you....I mean the team.

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

We don't have to have any discussion at all, and I'm not in high school.  Any "homework" I do has a lot more to do with making money than talking about 21 year old college athletes.

I haven't once mentioned a player in this thread that I would draft if he falls here, slips by Detroit, or what have you....I'm simply here saying that drafting a Center shouldn't be off the board if he is your highest ranked player.  And by "your highest ranked player" I do not mean you....I mean the team.

And I gave specific details of why he shouldn’t be. Not some random argument to be contrarian. By your own admission, you don’t know anybody involved. So that’s why I said I was wasting time with you. 

Sort of like when you told me how wrong I was about Matt Kalils contract. How did that turn out? 

Archived