• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NYC reccomendations

panther4life

On 4/2/2019 at 12:42 PM, panther4life said:

Thanks for the advice so far, please keep it coming.

So far I’m sold on top of the rock and Central Park and again already locked into a Mets game.

Based on some online research I’m also intrigued by:

1.The American Museum of Natural History

2. The Beast speedboat

3. Spyscape Museum

4.Bronx Zoo (do this on the half day of time available Saturday before we hit rehearsal dinner)

5. Some kind of magic or comedy show, top rated magic show was minimum $125 per person so not sure about that. 

Also want to grab some famous NY bagels and Pizza while there too. So any reccomendations on where to get these would be welcome.

Natural History museum is cool. Dinosaurs!

Haven't done the speedboat but I guess it could be fun?

My dad came to town a few weeks ago and we did Spyscape. It's pricey but was worth it. You basically do spy related tests and in the end they give you results. It was a fun way to kill a few hours.

Bronx Zoo is ok. I mean, it's a zoo ... in the Bronx, which by itself is amazing. But the actual zoo is ... ok. I've been to better zoos.

Again, Comedy Cellar! They post the schedule the week of the shows. Book in advance. Make sure you do Macdougal Street location, not Village Underground. Macdougal location is the original and where all the TV shows film from. Stars "pop in" all the time. Also do the late show and get in line first so you can be seated at the front. Why? The comedians rip on you. Which is GREAT.

Best pizza is in Brooklyn. It'll be too far out for you.

Archived