• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your Hornets draft pick Prediction

ncfan

Im convinced its this guy

WFNZ was talking about the workouts the other day.  Alexander-Walker and Naz Little were working out.  They were saying their sources there said Kupchak was absolutely Glued to this kid and could tell in his eyes he wants that kid.

I think Jaxson Hayes will be gone.

Monk hasnt developed as planned.  Bacon has been solid, but is best as the 6th man.  Alexander-Walker is a good compliment to Kemba and could help sway to keep him.  Kid is a great shooter, good defender, solid handles for a 2guard.  Could be Kemba's version Klay Thompson. 

Kid is Shai Gilgeous Alexander's cousin.  who we were high on last year but actually traded drafted and traded to the Clippers for Bridges

He would be a great pick, love how much size he has. Him and Monk playing together would work out really well. 

I agree with you that Hayes will probably be gone, but if he's there he's probably the pick, and that would be really exciting. We need a big man badly, and he would definitely be it. If Clarke is there I think we take a good look at him, and same for Sekou. At least 2 of these 3, if not all of them will likely be gone though.

In that case, NAW and PJ Washington seem to be safe options. Also plenty more guys I'm forgetting/can't list. A little less safer/more reachy options include Little (really don't want to have to go this route) and Goga. 

Fernando and Rui would be reaches and I'd be pretty pised. 

If it's Bol Bol, Cam Johnson, or Herro, I'm going to flip a poo. 

6 hours ago, archer4364 said:

He would be a great pick, love how much size he has. Him and Monk playing together would work out really well. 

I agree with you that Hayes will probably be gone, but if he's there he's probably the pick, and that would be really exciting. We need a big man badly, and he would definitely be it. If Clarke is there I think we take a good look at him, and same for Sekou. At least 2 of these 3, if not all of them will likely be gone though.

In that case, NAW and PJ Washington seem to be safe options. Also plenty more guys I'm forgetting/can't list. A little less safer/more reachy options include Little (really don't want to have to go this route) and Goga. 

Fernando and Rui would be reaches and I'd be pretty pised. 

If it's Bol Bol, Cam Johnson, or Herro, I'm going to flip a poo. 

Jaxson Hayes is my 2nd favorite "possible" guy only behind Coby White.  but Both of those guys are going to be gone.  Hayes isnt going to make it past Washington 

Clarke we seem to be interested in.  But with the way this league is going and where our team is at he doesnt make as much sense as a SG.

This league is going to a jump shooting 3 point heavy game.

Also Kemba, we are trying to convince him to stay.  He has never had a partner back there to take off the pressure.  Bacon has been solid but I think his future is a Key 6th man for us.  So you need to bring a guy in with size who can score and handle.  We saw them look real hard SGA last year.  Alexander-Walker is a very similar player but waaaay better scorer.

Im also basing this prediction by putting ny ear to the ground.  Hesring reports that Kup was Glued to him in the workouts and could tell in his eyes he really liked him.  And also theyve had several NBA writers etc people come on WFNZ and his name has been brought up multiple times 

13 hours ago, ncfan said:

Jaxson Hayes is my 2nd favorite "possible" guy only behind Coby White.  but Both of those guys are going to be gone.  Hayes isnt going to make it past Washington 

Clarke we seem to be interested in.  But with the way this league is going and where our team is at he doesnt make as much sense as a SG.

This league is going to a jump shooting 3 point heavy game.

Also Kemba, we are trying to convince him to stay.  He has never had a partner back there to take off the pressure.  Bacon has been solid but I think his future is a Key 6th man for us.  So you need to bring a guy in with size who can score and handle.  We saw them look real hard SGA last year.  Alexander-Walker is a very similar player but waaaay better scorer.

Im also basing this prediction by putting ny ear to the ground.  Hesring reports that Kup was Glued to him in the workouts and could tell in his eyes he really liked him.  And also theyve had several NBA writers etc people come on WFNZ and his name has been brought up multiple times 

I really like Alexander-Walker, he is a legit player who can score. Also, he is not a terrible defender. I believe if we draft him it could spell the end for Monk, as we would have Bacon and him at SG. If we do trade Monk, I would like to see us use both our 2nd round picks and him to move up a little into the bottom of the 1st round to get a center. Depends on how the team views Monk.

14 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

I really like Alexander-Walker, he is a legit player who can score. Also, he is not a terrible defender. I believe if we draft him it could spell the end for Monk, as we would have Bacon and him at SG. If we do trade Monk, I would like to see us use both our 2nd round picks and him to move up a little into the bottom of the 1st round to get a center. Depends on how the team views Monk.

Another Role Player to me. We need a boom or bust guy, honestly.

Brandon Clarke, this guy. Just scream meh to me.

I've opened up my options a bit. I would also be content with Romeo Langford. He also is a boom or bust pick. 

1 hour ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Another Role Player to me. We need a boom or bust guy, honestly.

Brandon Clarke, this guy. Just scream meh to me.

I've opened up my options a bit. I would also be content with Romeo Langford. He also is a boom or bust pick. 

I can see that, my boom or bust player is Bol Bol. If the team is ready to take risks (needed in order to build a winner most of the time), then Bol Bol is that guy. I can also see Romeo Langford as a boom or bust player.

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

AW is a reach at 12 IMO...gotta think 1 of Hayes, Fernando or Bol are there, Id go that route.  Doubt seriously Bol can stay healthy but he is very skilled offensively.

Fernando doesn't scream boom or bust to me. Screams solid contributor. 

Regardless, I don't think they've worked out Bol Bol. 

Although, they didn't work out Bridges last year either, from what I gather. 

• 1 month later...

Kind of wish my original Prediction was right.  That kid has been on a tear in summer league.

Last 2 games

31min.  26pts.  3-7 from 3.   5reb.  6assist

27min. 23pts.   3-6 from 3.    2reb.   8assist vs Chicago

Archived