• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

World Class Athlete and Human Being Greg Hardy DESTROYS Juan “$hit talking” Adams

Nails

And, for all the criticism of him "only facing tomato cans" up to this point....that is exactly the career track you are supposed to take. He doesn't have much experience, so the UFC is doing a good job of not throwing him to the wolves and allowing him to develop. He is certainly a very high level athlete, so if they allow him to rise through the ranks then perhaps they have another contender in what is becoming a very thin heavyweight division. 

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I would disagree in general. Most of those fighters would not be able to survive in modern MMA. It was more of a style vs. style time. Which, that was fun to an extent.

Well something must be up because their PPV numbers are worse than they've ever been. Also their ratings are not good either. 

2 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Well something must be up because their PPV numbers are worse than they've ever been. Also their ratings are not good either. 

Some of that is lack of bankable stars and the UFC also fatigued people with too many events. The fight cards were easier to pack when you didn't have so many events to fill.

10 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

People still watch MMA/UFC? Good on you guys. 

Diehard fans do despite Dana White trying to do everything in his power to kill his own organization.

7 hours ago, rodeo said:

to be fair this is entirely true. the last thread on this was full of people saying Adams would destroy him because its his first legit opponent

Well those people saying that in the last thread largely don't know what they're talking about.

Adams was 1-1 in the UFC before last night and his only win was a 40 year old, who now is 1-3 in the UFC himself.

6 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I was happy for him, but then when he started licking the other dude's blood off his hands, I was disturbed.

He's just copying what he's seen BJ Penn do...

bj-penn-licking-blood-GIF-crazy.gif

bj-penn-licking-blood-GIF-crazy-2.gif

4 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

A large reason for the drop in PPV buys is because they're solely sold through ESPN+ now. You have to subscribe to ESPN+ (like $60/year or something) AND you have to buy the PPV's on top of it. You can't buy the pay-per-views through your cable or satellite providers anymore.

Part of the reason why I said some are still watching despite Dana trying to kill the organization.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Some of that is lack of bankable stars and the UFC also fatigued people with too many events. The fight cards were easier to pack when you didn't have so many events to fill.

This. As someone that would watch every pay-per-view and the free cards they would show on Spike/Versus/Fuel TV/FX and FOX back when they had maybe 2 cards per month, the over saturation due to the sheer number of cards is too much. I still go watch the PPV's and the free cards on TV, but I am not buying ESPN+ to watch 7-8 fights I have no interest in on the other weekends.

It used to be 1 PPV and 1 free event per month for the most part. Now there are fights every damn weekend and you're lucky if there's a free card once every two or three months, the rest are all on ESPN+. They can suck my left nut.

36 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Diehard fans do despite Dana White trying to do everything in his power to kill his own organization.

Well those people saying that in the last thread largely don't know what they're talking about.

Adams was 1-1 in the UFC before last night and his only win was a 40 year old, who now is 1-3 in the UFC himself.

He's just copying what he's seen BJ Penn do...

bj-penn-licking-blood-GIF-crazy.gif

bj-penn-licking-blood-GIF-crazy-2.gif

A large reason for the drop in PPV buys is because they're solely sold through ESPN+ now. You have to subscribe to ESPN+ (like $60/year or something) AND you have to buy the PPV's on top of it. You can't buy the pay-per-views through your cable or satellite providers anymore.

Part of the reason why I said some are still watching despite Dana trying to kill the organization.

This. As someone that would watch every pay-per-view and the free cards they would show on Spike/Versus/Fuel TV/FX and FOX back when they had maybe 2 cards per month, the over saturation due to the sheer number of cards is too much. I still go watch the PPV's and the free cards on TV, but I am not buying ESPN+ to watch 7-8 fights I have no interest in on the other weekends.

It used to be 1 PPV and 1 free event per month for the most part. Now there are fights every damn weekend and you're lucky if there's a free card once every two or three months, the rest are all on ESPN+. They can suck my left nut.

Their PPV numbers were declining before their partnership with ESPN. 

16 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Their PPV numbers were declining before their partnership with ESPN. 

They were, the ESPN deal is just making them decline further; that's why I said, "a large reason". The other part of that being the oversaturation and as kungfoodude said, lack of marketable stars.

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The UFC is basically copying the road map that led to the huge decline in boxing. Rely on the same stars while largely failing to get a push behind the next generation of up and coming fighters and put as much content as possible behind a pay wall.

I've been a diehard MMA fan for nearly 20 years now and there are UFC cards where I struggle to recognize more than a few names on the card.

Archived