• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Difference? Missed Field Goal.

SBiii

3 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Samuel was wide open. And over thrown. And you blame the coaches.

Unfuging believable. 

I get your point.  He was wide open and the throw was missed.  Absolutely, no question about this.  

My point is, we hadn't tested Cam's deep ball the ENTIRE game.  Not once.  The deepest ball he threw was on the most important play of the game.  My question is why are we testing that throw in that moment?

And to correct you, I blamed the call and the execution, not the call exclusively.  

1 hour ago, Newtcase said:

I get your point.  He was wide open and the throw was missed.  Absolutely, no question about this.  

My point is, we hadn't tested Cam's deep ball the ENTIRE game.  Not once.  The deepest ball he threw was on the most important play of the game.  My question is why are we testing that throw in that moment?

And to correct you, I blamed the call and the execution, not the call exclusively.  

It's still cam's decision. Period. 

Ya don't like it, get over it. 

18 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

It's still cam's decision. Period. 

Ya don't like it, get over it. 

Actually, there's a third option, simply disagree with you.  I like this route since I don't really care what you think.  You're entitled to think that Cam is acting autonomously on the field, just like I'm entitled to think that you're an idiot.

10 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

Actually, there's a third option, simply disagree with you.  I like this route since I don't really care what you think.  You're entitled to think that Cam is acting autonomously on the field, just like I'm entitled to think that you're an idiot.

You're awesome. Stick your head in the sand, and act.like you're not wrong. 

Regardless of the play call, Cam made the decision, and it was his throw. He even admitted it. But you? Nooo, coaches fault. 

But go ahead, act ignorant. It's a good look for you. 

Just now, pantherclaw said:

You're awesome. Stuck your head in the sand, and act.like you're not wrong. 

Regardless of the play call, Cam made the decision, and it was his throw. 

But go ahead, act ignorant. It's a good look for you. 

Mmmhmm you're cool.  So it's your belief that the route tree is determined by Cam at the time of release?  With that said, Cam made the correct read on the play, Samuel was wide open.  The error wasn't in the decision Cam made at release, it was just a poor throw.  The coaches absolutely have a hand in managing Cam's options.  I don't absolve Cam of the poor throw, I'm simply saying it wasn't the best time for the coaches or Cam to put him in a position to have to connect on a deep ball.  I've made my point, you've made yours, I'm done with the discussion.

Archived