• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen Statistical Rankings

kungfoodude

Just now, Chosen Newton said:

I hate to say I told you so.....but I told you so. All these Kyle allen fans just live in the moment, he throws for 4TDs and suddenly he’s the next coming of Tom Brady. Chill tf out and leave this huddle. Y’all are a headache and dnt know crap

Better than the cam huggers that think not only is Newton going to be healthy but also perform like 2015. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

You can't make that judgment after less than a year with one of the worst lines I've seen us have. And we have had some bad ones. No one is arguing he's going to be like Cam nor can he succeed in those conditions. Hell Cam was given no one on offense the last 6 years. The only guy he had was Olsen and this year he's not even the player he once was. I'm not even sure Curtis Samuel is as good as Funchess. We have a poor group all around on offense this year and judging Kyle is like saying Moton needs to be replaced because he can't stop edge rushers. Or Little is a Bust because he can't be healthy and stop his man. 

I think we can make enough of a judgement about him being "the future" of our franchise as a starting QB. It's subjective, obviously but I have definitely seen enough to know that he wasn't going to be the guy and I honestly thought that most of the time he was starting. I just remained hopeful that things would really keep improving and clicking for him. Well, that hasn't been the case. The thing that he struggled with early he has continued to struggle with, turnovers. His decision making yesterday was unconscionable. I would not expect to see some of those INT's and near INT's from a college QB, much less an NFL QB. 

We obviously cannot completely blame Kyle for his failures because this line is atrocious and the supporting cast has been disappointing to say the least. But, Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson are two good examples of QB's that struggled with horrible offensive lines over the years and they didn't wilt the way Kyle has. And, yes, I realize that he does not have the mobility that those guys do but my point is that if your QB requires everything to be perfect around them to succeed, is he really that good?

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Completion Percentage: 25th of 33.

Touchdown Percentage: 27th of 33. 

Interception Percentage: 28th of 33.

Yards Per Attempt: 27th of 33.

Adjusted Yards Per Attempt: 30th of 33.

Yards Gained Per Completion: 20th of 33.

Net Yards Gained Per Pass Attempt: 32nd of 34.

Adjusted Net Yards Per Pass Attempt: 33rd of 34.

Sack Percentage: 30th of 34.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing.htm

With the OLine he has been given it is amazing he is still standing on his feet.  Just think if Cam had Williams and Little as his tackles yesterday how many times would he been sacked.  I thought San Fran was bad this was even worse.  Heck even Turner didn't have a great day.  I do hope we get a center this coming draft cause Paradis sucks.  

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yes they would. It's not like we are playing cupcake teams. The Falcons just took down the supposedly one of the best teams in the league in NO. 

Beating a good team doesn't make you a good team. The Falcons would have to seriously rally for anyone to consider them a "good" team. 

29 minutes ago, Snake said:

Glad you have such wisdom you can call a players career after less than a year. Your a real smart Cam Hugger. 

This! I almost want to go full out and say that I hope Allen shits the bed again and keeps doing it so you can go quiet on gameday threads like last weekend. Which isn’t terrible in theory cause it means RR is closer to being gone and Panthers get a high draft pick.

Your “nut hugger” talk really says it all. That folks is the true essence of this blokes character.

4 minutes ago, cmichd said:

With the OLine he has been given it is amazing he is still standing on his feet.  Just think if Cam had Williams and Little as his tackles yesterday how many times would he been sacked.  I thought San Fran was bad this was even worse.  Heck even Turner didn't have a great day.  I do hope we get a center this coming draft cause Paradis sucks.  

Well prior to this past week(has not been added to FO stats yet) here are NFL Pass Protection Rankings:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

TEN, NYJ, MIA, DEN, WAS, ARI, NYG, CHI, TB all are rated lower than us in pass protection. However, the bulk of their QB's are rated ahead of Kyle Allen statistically(not in every metric). Some of these QB's are also young or rookies. So, while the play of the OL absolute has a role in Allen not performing well, he is also not performing well with QB's put in similar or worse positions with regard to pass protection. 

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well prior to this past week(has not been added to FO stats yet) here are NFL Pass Protection Rankings:

TEN, NYJ, MIA, DEN, WAS, ARI, NYG, CHI, TB all are rated lower than us in pass protection. However, the bulk of their QB's are rated ahead of Kyle Allen statistically(not in every metric). Some of these QB's are also young or rookies. So, while the play of the OL absolute has a role in Allen not performing well, he is also not performing well with QB's put in similar or worse positions with regard to pass protection. 

But @Snake said it’s the worst line of all time and doesn’t remember Mike Remmers, Nate Chandler, Amini Silatolu, and Byron Bell... HOW COULD HE BE WRONG?!? 

We had a good discussion last week regarding statistics(I forget which thread) and the comment was made about using statistics and metrics to validate what the "eye test" seems to be indicating. I think this is a good example of that. 

For some of us, we have seen the flaws in Kyle Allen's game and have regarded him with some light skepticism. I think the more he is playing, the more he is confirming some of those flaws are legitimate. Statistics seem to bear that out.

It will warrant looking at after the season is over but I am not anticipating this trend of poor statistical play to improve overall. 

2 minutes ago, WoahW said:

But @Snake said it’s the worst line of all time and doesn’t remember Mike Remmers, Nate Chandler, Amini Silatolu, and Byron Bell... HOW COULD HE BE WRONG?!? 

Yeah, I know you guys are want to throw cheap shots at each other in this thread but let's try to avoid it. I am aware that plenty of people have baggage from other threads but we can talk about this objectively without getting too heated. 

And, no, this is not the worst OL we have ever had. I could look into it but I believe they are performing better than last season(not sure, TBH). 

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Didn't our defense play well and have banner days in sacks against Tennessee, Arizona, and Tampa Bay with our own pass rush and I think Allen won all those games too.  We have one more to play on that list.  Washington. 

1 minute ago, cmichd said:

Didn't our defense play well and have banner days in sacks against Tennessee, Arizona, and Tampa Bay with our own pass rush and I think Allen won all those games too.  We have one more to play on that list.  Washington. 

They did. That's kind of my point. He's performing statistically worse than most of those QB's, who have worse pass protection scenarios to deal with. 

Archived