• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

a little salt in the cardinals wound

rayzor

It actually might be a blessing for us.The problem with the Cardinals is they start to believe their own hype and then someone like the Panthers comes along and punches us in the mounth. That was an impressive show you put on yesterday. My hat is off to you, you kicked our asses.

It actually might be a blessing for us.The problem with the Cardinals is they start to believe their own hype and then someone like the Panthers comes along and punches us in the mounth. That was an impressive show you put on yesterday. My hat is off to you, you kicked our asses.

Don't worry you guys will still get to the playoffs and perhaps the Superbowl.

This is why I keep telling people to not pay so much attention to records and stats, especially early in the season. Hell, the Panthers jumped a whole bunch of spots in rushing offense in one week. That stuff means next to nothing until about week 14 or so, and even then you usually have some losing teams that start playing better football late in the season and teams that started out on fire that tail off late. It happens every single year.

This is why I keep telling people to not pay so much attention to records and stats, especially early in the season. Hell, the Panthers jumped a whole bunch of spots in rushing offense in one week. That stuff means next to nothing until about week 14 or so, and even then you usually have some losing teams that start playing better football late in the season and teams that started out on fire that tail off late. It happens every single year.

Like Fox says "stats are for losers". Does anybody really believe we have the best pass D in the NFL...and the Redskins are #2?

pass d rank

Like Fox says "stats are for losers". Does anybody really believe we have the best pass D in the NFL...and the Redskins are #2?

pass d rank

Well to be fair, the Redskins do have a very good defense all the way around. It's their offense that sucks. A lot of this stuff depends on who you play and when you play them too though. Plus, you have a lot of hidden yardage in lopsided games, like all those passing yards Warner had in garbage time last night. They still go on the stat sheet, but those yards meant nothing as far as the outcome of the game and they came against a prevent defense.

you cant argue with the fact we have fewest passing yards allowed

True but for much of the season teams didn't need to throw it they were gashing us so bad with the run. Also other than yesterday we haven't played with a lead much where teams are forced to throw it. Combine the two and you wind up overrated. The worst thing that can happen is for our secondary to start thinking it has arrived.

I agree stats aren't "everything".....but if you are at the bottom of the stat pile all season, come week 14 you can pretty much bet you aren't making the playoffs. I know it can happen, but it's very, very highly unlikely.

Probably the best test in the NFL next week. If we can somehow possibly, maybe slow them down we have a chance. The way to do that is to keep the ball out of their hands with the running game. Our first drive against the Cards and our last drive against Tampa Bay come to mind.

Archived