• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Marino mock

raleigh-panther

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

lots of individual talent? yes. More than any other conference.  Yes. Great football teams?  meh.  Not as advertised.  They all build there rep beating each other and only about 1-2 a year is actually good in reality. 

I mean, an ACC offense has pretty much shat all over the defensive juggernaut of the conference of defense....for a near half decade now. 

They have six top 20 ranked defenses. Just because Clemson has been better doesn't mean that the SEC isn't the better overall conference.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

lots of individual talent? yes. More than any other conference.  Yes. Great football teams?  meh.  Not as advertised.  They all build there rep beating each other and only about 1-2 a year is actually good in reality. 

I mean, an ACC offense has pretty much shat all over the defensive juggernaut of the conference of defense....for a near half decade now. 

I'm an ACC guy too but we aren't nearly the conference they are. We have been periodically(maybe once or twice) over the past decade.  

The ACC can field a TEAM that can beat their best(FSU, Clemson) but rarely TEAMS. They are top to bottom better and their upper tier would mop the floor with our upper tier 80% of the time. College sports are about spending money to maintain being the best, not many ACC schools spend money like SEC schools do. 

Heck, Clemson is largely a paper tiger if you think the SEC is overrated. Allbarn is literally their only quality win the entire season.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I'm an ACC guy too but we aren't nearly the conference they are. We have been periodically(maybe once or twice) over the past decade.  

The ACC can field a TEAM that can beat their best(FSU, Clemson) but rarely TEAMS. They are top to bottom better and their upper tier would mop the floor with our upper tier 80% of the time. College sports are about spending money to maintain being the best, not many ACC schools spend money like SEC schools do. 

Heck, Clemson is largely a paper tiger if you think the SEC is overrated. Allbarn is literally their only quality win the entire season.

This. I'm a fan of an ACC school too, but the reality is that Clemson has been our only nationally relevant team for quite some time. We screwed up the greatest basketball conference schedule in the country to sellout for football and it hasn't improved the overall quality of football in the conference one bit. Clemson just became a juggernaut.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. I'm a fan of an ACC school too, but the reality is that Clemson has been our only nationally relevant team for quite some time. We screwed up the greatest basketball conference schedule in the country to sellout for football and it hasn't improved the overall quality of football in the conference one bit. Clemson just became a juggernaut.

Nah, we didn't screw up basketball. If anything we got stronger with some of the additions. Things just changed and losing the whole conference home and home schedule sucked. That's just modern college sports though, the push to get more TV revenue. 

The biggest reasons the football expansion failed are that Miami and Virginia Tech basically fell apart. Louisville had the opportunity to come in and be relevant but they have had consistency issues over multiple coaches. And while all this was going on, the crown jewel of ACC football(FSU) was on the decline. They had a short revival under Jimbo(and brought us our first national championship of the BCS era) but they are in the same boat as Miami, searching for a coach to right the ship. This is basically what allowed Clemson to gain the national spotlight. 

If FSU made a good coaching hire(and they likely didn't) that would put another power team in the fray. To me the biggest problem is the Coastal. That may be the worst P5 division in college football. Miami and Virginia Tech have to put it together if the ACC ever expects to gain any sustained national relevance. 

and what the heck, it is practically the offseason so why not rant about something..

but why the heck do you vote for a Heisman winner before the biggest games of the season are even played?  I mean if Chase Young single handedly takes over the CFP and Ohio St wins you telling me Joe Burrow deserved the Heisman if LSU flops vs OU?  If Trevor Lawrence repeats last year's performance you telling me doesn't deserve it because he went to the bench in the 3rd quarter most of the year for stomping folks? 

Just now, CRA said:

and what the heck, it is practically the offseason so why not rant about something..

but why the heck do you vote for a Heisman winner before the biggest games of the season are even played?  I mean if Chase Young single handedly takes over the CFP and Ohio St wins you telling me Joe Burrow deserved the Heisman if LSU flops vs OU?  If Trevor Lawrence repeats last year's performance you telling me doesn't deserve it because he went to the bench in the 3rd quarter most of the year for stomping folks? 

The Heisman is about the most useless award in all of sports, TBH. It just goes to the most hyped QB or RB on a top 10 team. It's a dumb award.

Archived