• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Way too early 2020 offseason prediction

Matt62881

#1. Keep Cam as he will be healthy by March (I believe).

FA: with the cap we have and FAs most of this will be used resigning our own players. Bradberry, Boston, and Cockrell are priority and I would love to see McCoy and Irvin back if the cap allows. I suppose Poe is a must considering this is before the draft.

Draft:

Rd 1. Derrick Brown- DT. 0, 1, 3, 5 tech- I think hes a freak of nature one of those rare guys that can take on double teams and still get to the qb only found in the top of the draft. No matter wich D scheme we run he will greatly benefit it and be the early down part of the rotation.

Rd 2.Tyler Biadasz or Creed Humphrey- C. either have the ability to be franchise centers and one of them will be there for our second pick, a game changer.

Rd 3. Ben Bredeson- LG. He is one of 3 lgs that could go here that I'm looking at but he seems to be the most solid of them. He would solidify the interior of our oline and help our second year tackles look better!

Rd 4. Leki Fotu- NT 0, 1 tech. In case of injury to any of our starting interior Brown could kick to wherever and this guy could move into the position to take double teams.

The rest of the draft we stick with bpa even if that's a kicker, wouldn't mind another Butker or a Nickel CB/backup outside CB. Picking at the top of every round is very advantageous, keep Cam and win. With these moves you field at worst a top 15 oline and probably much better and either defensive front we run, or both, we will finally stop the run. Alot of you feel the 34 hurts Luke but if the blocking schemes dont make it to him thanks to brown and leki, he will be fine. Regardless Shaq plays better as a ilb anyway but is fine at ROLB and they are both great in coverage. Either scheme will be fine to run and this would make me ecstatic, of course by combine everything I think I know might change but the idea will be the same.

I would love to converse or hear anyones opinions, this thread is to talk without judgment of opinions so please have at it!

19 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

You're putting a whole lot of faith in a OT group that got the QB killed many times last season and in general hasn't been able to stay healthy in the past few years 

I'm putting faith in second year OTs that showed flashes that sometimes first round picks dont show. Tackles, even high picked ones, are dice rolls. I am simply going off of statistics and they say alot of the pressure was given up by paradis who I as well as many thought was going to be better....much better. The center fails and the tackles, especially rooks, will fall. The guard might even be overkill as bad as Paradis was but I'd rather be safe and this draft seems to line up perfect, lots of depth there so much in fact we could land a 1st rd C in the top of the 2nd and a very good guard in the 3rd.

58 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

You're putting a whole lot of faith in a OT group that got the QB killed many times last season and in general hasn't been able to stay healthy in the past few years 

So what's your opinion on the effect of the C on our tackles. It was definitely a down year for Moton, i dont see him having another and was it due to Williams injury or the players down the line for his drastic decrease in ability. The Rookies imo played great at LT for rookies with a jag LG and a very underperforming C. The biggest thing I saw from them that usually kills bad tackles is they held their own vs speed rushers. They need to gain more consistency but that can come with experience. Not to mention the constant line shuffle, any more information you have is welcome. I'm here to converse not tell you that your wrong or right, it's just opinions. Also do you think Paradis will recover further or is he a lost cause?

9 minutes ago, BlackCats2013 said:

I'd say it is only a matter of time before Riverboat Ron cherry picks our roster for his new team

Maybe a few players but tbh my dad's a skins fan so unfortunately I know more about their roster then I should. They have their own pieces in alot of the positions that are FA for us, their Dbs are decent and their front 7 is excellent. The only one they might want is Bradberry but I dont see them overpaying for another one of our DBS. They also could use Tre but he has said he wants Carolina if they pay him decently if not I would take norman back on cheap and let him play FS now that hes made his money. Norman has always played best with his back to the endzone anyway. I dont see any players that I listed really wanting back being taken just because they don't need them. Jay Gruden was awful, worse then Rivera in every way, their roster is actually fairly talented and in no way should be picking were they are as there is no way we should be either.

13 minutes ago, Forty-Eight said:

U ain’t getting Fotu in the 4th. With Marvin Wilson returning to FSU, Fotu will most likely be a 2nd round pick

This

He may be around the top of the 3rd but no later

But id almost trade back into the 2nd for him.  Our defense really began to struggle and the other DL really began to struggle after Star left and Poe came in.

We've really been hurt with that big powerful guy in the middle, honestly we don't "neeeed" another elite pass rusher in the middle.  Just a big powerful guy to take on Blockers.  Thats what Star was

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

This

He may be around the top of the 3rd but no later

But id almost trade back into the 2nd for him.  Our defense really began to struggle and the other DL really began to struggle after Star left and Poe came in.

We've really been hurt with that big powerful guy in the middle, honestly we don't "neeeed" another elite pass rusher in the middle.  Just a big powerful guy to take on Blockers.  Thats what Star was

I'm being overly optimistic but I'm hoping for a Ngata out of brown, that's why I didn't put Fotu higher cause I think brown can take on doubles, get after the run, and occasionally get the passer. There are alot of interesting LGs to be had so I could use the 3rd on Fotu, I just saw him listed from 3rd to 4th round so I figured as high as our 4th is we could nab him. I'm not huge on college so that's why I want y'alls opinions but I was thinking too, to net all 4 of these players what picks would we have to use to trade up. I really feel these 4 guys all play in their first year and make the difference. 

8 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Yeah let's retain one of the worst secondaries in the league and rely on late round offensive line draft picks to fix our issues. You Hurney ain't ya?

Um that secondary was 2nd for a decent part of the season until our run d started giving up 5 yards on every single run, standard huddle making it personal, not real smart are ya? 2nd and 3rd round lineman are late? That's new to me....go find another thread to ruin with your ignorance. 

Archived