• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hollis Thomas doing better than Kemoeatu?

Vagrant

I've always said, Kemo was trash. He truly is.. He isn't an elite DT, he's just a fat guy.. There are big DT's who can do more than just take up space, and Kemo is not one of them.

Ray Lewis hated him in Baltimore because the LBers would have to clean up for him all the time. He mentioned in interviews how the defensive line had to play better because they were making the LBers do their job when Kemo was there.

Bottom line, Kemo sucks, lots of better options.

Hollis Thomas is the man!! Obviously his career is near the end, but he has done a lot to help the defense tranform from that calamity we saw in the preseason and early season to the borderline great unit they have been the past few weeks.

On top of that, Hollis is a great personality and genuinely looks like he is having fun out there. Not to mention he has been pretty good, especially for a 14 year vet. The other D-linemen seem to feed off his energy and positive attitude. In a season of disappointment, he has been a bright spot

I've always said, Kemo was trash. He truly is.. He isn't an elite DT, he's just a fat guy.. There are big DT's who can do more than just take up space, and Kemo is not one of them.

Ray Lewis hated him in Baltimore because the LBers would have to clean up for him all the time. He mentioned in interviews how the defensive line had to play better because they were making the LBers do their job when Kemo was there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2624876

Ray lewis was upset that Kemo left

What's he gonna say? "Thank god that fat idiot left!" Come on, it's just like the topic about Kalil on Fox, you're going to only say good things about anyone when you get asked about them.

There were interviews, while not saying it about Kemo directly, about how people on the D-Line needed to step up and do something so the LBers can work on coverage and tackling the RBs.

UMMMMM? No

What's he gonna say? "Thank god that fat idiot left!" Come on, it's just like the topic about Kalil on Fox, you're going to only say good things about anyone when you get asked about them.

There were interviews, while not saying it about Kemo directly, about how people on the D-Line needed to step up and do something so the LBers can work on coverage and tackling the RBs.

Don't let reality get in the way of your hatred. Just find another reason to hate him.

(or post a link to these "articles")

So? Tons of time players say that to get them motivated.

I have a feeling Ray Lewis is the type of guy who wouldnt praise a guy if he didnt believe it.

Don't let reality get in the way of your hatred. Just find another reason to hate him.

Yeah, I'm making it up :rolleyes:

Reality is, Kemo got ran over for a TD by Cadillac Williams. Someone who can "take up 2 tackles" sure can tackle a small RB well. Kemo can't even run in practice without tumbling over on his ankles and breaking them, you think he's going to do anything other than be a fat guy in the middle?

So? Tons of time players say that to get them motivated.

I have a feeling Ray Lewis is the type of guy who wouldnt praise a guy if he didnt believe it.

He probably was trying to get the D-Line motivated with what he said about the defense on their struggling year a few years ago. Probably for the same reason I mentioned.

Kemo's a one dimensional DT. his only trick is stopping the run, which he isn't quite that good at, and he has no pass rushing capabilities, he can't generate pressure in the passing game, and that's why he's not as good as people like to think he is.

I don't think anyone here thought Kemo was a good pass rusher. What we do bleeive is that he a good stuffer and run defender.

I don't think anyone here thought Kemo was a good pass rusher. What we do bleeive is that he a good stuffer and run defender.

which hardly makes him a good DT since the past 4 years all a QB has had to do is step up in the pocket to avoid edge rushers because there's no interior push, resulting in many many many frustrating 3rd down conversions.

Archived