• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC's Potential New Contract - Discussion

Ship

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How is it a no brainer he is already under contract for potentially 2 more years.  Is everyone totally forgetting the rams and Gurley?  Let him play one more on his current and then see what happens.  

Gurley tore his ACL and had knee surgery in college. CMC is this offense. He shouldn't step foot on the field without a market-value extension. Luckily it looks  like it won't come to that because new ownership has common sense.

21 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Chris Johnson started as a 23 year old rookie. CMC finished his 3 season at 23. Johnson was fine until ages 28-30. He still had over 3000 total yards in those 3 years. If CMC hits the wall at 28-30 the same way, the contract will still be fine and honestly, it'd be likely that he could be cut the last season or two if he falls off a lot. Based on his age, it wouldn't be a bad thing.

I'll be honest, I'd much rather sign CMC than Bradberry. Funny how there are so many posts about surrounding Cam or a 1st round QB with talent, but we don't want to extend CMC?

Cheap talent, drafted players on their 1st contracts. So the question becomes do you surround an elite rb or an elite Qb with young cheap talent? I’d rather go the qb route. But we’ll see. Because we can’t have a 100+ million dollar qb and a 100+ million dollar rb on the same team. Like I said in my earlier post. If we sign cmc to this mega deal it’s the end of Cam here and they already made their decision without seeing if he’s fully healed and can play at a high level. 

2 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

its clear CMC is not "just a running back"

dude is a top notch WR and RB all in one. 

generational talent. if you cant see that, you must be on the way to adult day car on a short bus. 

What does that have to do with his existing contract?  Nobody isnt saying he isnt good enough with the straw men.  

3 minutes ago, DubE_4MR said:

Gurley tore his ACL and had knee surgery in college. CMC is this offense. He shouldn't step foot on the field without a market-value extension. Luckily it looks  like it won't come to that because new ownership has common sense.

The rules and structure of the CBa favor the Panthers.  He has no leverage 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He is not going to hold out 3 years into his career.  Especially with this team.   

CMC will sign an extension and be the highest paid running back in NFL history THIS OFFSEASON. Screen shot it and pat me on the back when it happens.

Fact is, to lose CMC would be a BIG blow...but not one that we couldn't recover from. Good RBs drop out of the first round every year. Talking 4 yards per carry good, not home run hitter guarantees like CMC, Saquon, etc. But serviceable backs where you can operate a legit offense.

If we were to lose CMC, we would be able to make up production at that position. Not CMC production, but good production.

We would also make up for his receiving, I think.

Thing is...we're gonna be hard pressed to get one player that can do both.

He has earned a big pay day and the fact that he is both a top end receiver and a top end RB means something for other players moving forward. He's gonna earn more than top end RB money because of his receiving, and that is going to open the door for just pure athletes like him to get paid. You'll see teams carry one less receiver in favor of depth and options elsewhere. We can go 5 wide with 3 receivers, Ian Thomas and CMC and create problems all over the place and we're still only asking you to be in nickle by personnel.

CMC is gonna change the way teams view players like him and the way offenses operate.

2 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Fact is, to lose CMC would be a BIG blow...but not one that we couldn't recover from. Good RBs drop out of the first round every year. Talking 4 yards per carry good, not home run hitter guarantees like CMC, Saquon, etc. But serviceable backs where you can operate a legit offense.

If we were to lose CMC, we would be able to make up production at that position. Not CMC production, but good production.

We would also make up for his receiving, I think.

Thing is...we're gonna be hard pressed to get one player that can do both.

He has earned a big pay day and the fact that he is both a top end receiver and a top end RB means something for other players moving forward. He's gonna earn more than top end RB money because of his receiving, and that is going to open the door for just pure athletes like him to get paid. You'll see teams carry one less receiver in favor of depth and options elsewhere. We can go 5 wide with 3 receivers, Ian Thomas and CMC and create problems all over the place and we're still only asking you to be in nickle by personnel.

CMC is gonna change the way teams view players like him and the way offenses operate.

How are we losing cmac? Good lord people breathe

Archived