• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oline ppl might be disappointed with the draft...

WOW!!

9 minutes ago, pantherj said:

If we draft Kinlaw at 7 we're pretty much sunk. Cam will get injured and even if somehow he doesn't we're going to be watching a horrible offense. We can't whiff on the 7th pick. We have to fix the o-line, no choice. So if it's Kinlaw then I'm calling for Marty's head.

You're still not fixing the Oline with a rookie LT...

You're still asking a kid to push around grown men..  

Rookie LT don't come in and play at great or good level when they 1st come in.. They need more time to develop then most position..

Just now, Snake said:

Lol anyone who thinks they know what Rhule is doing right now is just guessing. We will address the OL in some way and I doubt we drop 15k a year on a FA. 

She didn't say she guaranteed it.. All she said was from what she can gather and how the team is moving in Indy.. They seem to be focusing on Front 7 players and pass catchers on offense... She did mention they have looked at a few interior Olinemen thoe...

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

You're still not fixing the Oline with a rookie LT...

You're still asking a kid to push around grown men..  

Rookie LT don't come in and play at great or good level when the come in.. They need more time to develop then most position..

DTs need time to develop. Do you really want to go that route? I'm guessing you're like most of the Huddle wanting at DT?

I can't wait to sit back watch our new DT tackle the RB now and then while Cam is in the hospital and Grier is starting. Won't it be AMAZING to see that opposing RB get tackled! Oh sure our DT won't touch Brees even once all season, but thank GOD the run defense is better. Now we can watch teams throw it in the endzone instead, but at least we can pretend our defense is good because we have the RB taken care of sometimes. God help me. Old Fox ball blueprint is alive and well.

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

She didn't say she guaranteed it.. All she said was from what she can gather and how the team is moving in Indy.. They seem to be focusing on Front 7 players and pass catchers on offense... She did mention they have looked at a few interior Olinemen thoe...

The combine isn't a good indicator of what teams pick. We will probably interview a ton of players and different positions. 

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

DTs need time to develop. Do you really want to go that route? I'm guessing you're like most of the Huddle wanting at DT?

Yes they do.  But their job doesn't have as much verbiage, technical work, or development time needed as a LT.   Kk and Star came in and instantly effected our run defense.. 

I want a DT if he is the highest rated player on the board when we pick yes... But mostly I want the highest rated player on the board that fits our team need  and position value...

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

I can't wait to sit back watch our new DT tackle the RB now and then while Cam is in the hospital and Grier is starting. Won't it be AMAZING to see that opposing RB get tackled! Oh sure our DT won't touch Brees even once all season, but that GOD the run defense is better. Now we can watch teams throw it in the endzone instead, but at least we can pretend our defense is good because we have the RB taken care of sometimes. God help me. Old Fox ball blueprint is alive and well.

The fact that this team is so devoid of talent we really have to look all over the place. Also if they decide to switch back to a 4-3 oof. We will need a entire different defensive personal. Trading Burns for whatever we can get will be first priority not Cam. 

Just now, WOW!! said:

Yes they do.  But their job doesn't have as much verbiage, technical work, or development time needed as a LT.   Kk and Star came in and instantly effected our run defense.. 

I want a DT if he is the highest rated player on the board when we pick yes... But mostly I want the highest rated player on the board that fits our team need  and position value...

DT actually need more time to physically develop in the weight room. I only want an intelligent LT who can pick up the game quickly.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

The combine isn't a good indicator of what teams pick. We will probably interview a ton of players and different positions. 

The Indy part was only 1 example she used.. Again .. She didn't guarantee anything.. But she mentioned conversation with FO and coaching staff at different parts of this offseason and Senior Plus east west game conversation.. She not basing this on specific thing..

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

A great player can effect any position. Actually LT is not a great learning curve nor is DT. Now DE is where you need time. Very few Peppers and Mario Williams out there. It's why I like the 3-4 better. Less of a learning curve for rush ends. 

Archived