• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Expect More Moves Like These

Untouchable

31 minutes ago, stbugs said:

They’ve actually awarded more than 32 before. I can’t remember which year but it was 34 I think, no other year’s been above 32. Looks like 4 is the normal max per year. Not sure if that means if you had 5 in the top 32 that they’d give you 4, but bump up one. It’s still a black box. Either way, we could clearly max out. Bradberry, Butler, McCoy, Addison, Boston and Irvin will all easily be above a 7th. I’m pretty sure Poe and Wright will not count, but it’ll be interesting to see what happens.

Yeah, I'm thinking only one 3rd and that's Bradberry.  Possibly a 4th For Butler.  He's young, a former first rounder and played fairly well last year.The rest I think will sign somewhere the 6th comp pick range ($3M-$5M annually).  Don't sleep on Poe, he'll definitely make 6th comp pick money or even a 5th. His contract was pretty steep in Carolina and will be looking for (but probably won't get) similar money. Starting NTs command decent money.  Wright may garner a 7th if we are lucky.

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Yeah, I'm thinking only one 3rd and that's Bradberry.  Possibly a 4th For Butler.  He's young, a former first rounder and played fairly well last year.The rest I think will sign somewhere the 6th comp pick range ($3M-$5M annually).  Don't sleep on Poe, he'll definitely make 6th comp pick money or even a 5th. His contract was pretty steep in Carolina and will be looking for (but probably won't get) similar money. Starting NTs command decent money.  Wright may garner a 7th if we are lucky.

Poe (and Wright) was a declined team option. I read that in 2019, they no longer count those as lost FAs. I’m more thinking that they won’t count because we sort of released them. That said since there’s no rules written out, who knows.

Also, I think Addison, McCoy and Boston are candidates for 5ths. Maybe even Irvin. Hard to say but minus Boston, those three did have 23 sacks between them in 55-66% of the snaps. I do agree on Butler, he had solid DT stats playing 39% of the snaps and is 25 and a former 1st rounder. I think he’ll get a bigger deal than most on here think.

Anyway, if we play it right we should get the max number of picks and losing more than just 4 net, we might get a 3rd, 4th and two 5ths. Not going to move up 10 spots in the first with that but you sure can build up the depth and take a lot more shots. You could also use the 4th and two 5ths to move the early 4th to close to a middle 3rd and have 3rds or whatever you want. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2020 at 6:17 AM, Khyber53 said:

You're "debunked" is still "debated". 

Debate this 

:Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Apologies for the delay in response. Been wild af down here trying to beat the crazies rushing to hoard and changing travel plans that we had for this coming weekend.

Archived