• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton on IG Live w/ Chris Paul "I've never known anything other than the Panthers"

PantherBoy95

15 hours ago, RASTAN66 said:

Anyone know what % of QB's drafted in the 1st Round make a Pro Bowl in their career?

I saw this yesterday. It is five years old, but I don't think the numbers have changed much.

Bleacher Report did the analysis of first round draft choices by position, vs. All-Pro, Pro Bowl, or bust.  They did 5, 10, and 25 year analysis, and also broke it down by top 10 draft choices and top 5.

The long and short of it was QBs were either boom or bust.  Something near 40% made the Pro Bowl.  Something near 40% were busts.  Safeties were the "safest" first round picks, probably because if a team is taking a safety in the first round, it has to be a great safety.

35 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I saw this yesterday. It is five years old, but I don't think the numbers have changed much.

Bleacher Report did the analysis of first round draft choices by position, vs. All-Pro, Pro Bowl, or bust.  They did 5, 10, and 25 year analysis...

The long and short of it was QBs were either boom or bust.  Something near 40% made the Pro Bowl.  Something near 40% were busts.  

Good stuff.

I saw something very similar that was done over a 20-year time frame ('94-'13).

In 20 years 247 QB'S were drafted. 

Out of that group 49 were 1st Rounders.

Out of that group 19 ever made a Pro Bowl in their career (61.2% of QB's drafted in Round 1 never make a Pro Bowl).

Put another way, in 20 years only 19 QB'S drafted in Round 1 ever made a Pro Bowl....less than 1 per year.

Our QB was drafted in Round 1 and has made a Pro Bowl...

...definition of elite.

Buckle up, this ride is going to be awesome!

Rhule's Rules rule.

It's Teddy Time.

20 hours ago, Asurfaholic said:

This needs to be repeated. Cam nut huggers are out in force, but this is a very logical business move anyone should have seen coming.

All these huggers in this thread will be other teams fans soon enough. They can't even face reality that Kyle Allen had more trade value than Newton. I'm tired of these sob threads when actual Panthers fans have a new QB to be excited about who isn't broken. 

Archived