• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My 2020 Mock Draft

Khyber53

#7 : Derrick Brown, DT Auburn. The guy is a monster and a day one starter. Best defensive player still available by pick 7. The fact he shores up a definite need makes this a no-brainer.

#38: Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame. Looking at the picks before us, I think Kmet falls through as teams hit the rich WR and QB markets and some good OTs are still on board. We need a solid TE and I don't trust Ian Thomas to be up to par for us. Might be the steal of the draft.

#69: Matt Hennessy, C Temple. You have to go back 1,000 snaps before you see Matt give up a single sack on tape. Smart player, great lateral movement, hand movement best in class. Could be a spot of need immediately, might spell well at guard in the short term. Temple connection, may have been recruited by Rhule, although not coached by him. Massive upside to the pick.

#113: Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB Appalachian State U. Ranked highly by prognosticators, but not sure scouts believe in App State yet. Monster tackler, could be excellent Sam linebacker and special teamer. 

#148: Damien Lewis, OG LSU. Mauler, straight up and simple. Experience with current OC's game plans, has big potential, could be starter right away on Carolina line. 

#152: Josh Metellus, S Michigan. Good candidate to learn on the field, should be immediate special teams player.

#184:  John Hightower, WR Boise State. Long and lean player, fast with good hands. Can be immediate kick and punt returner. 

#221: Harrison Hand, CB Temple or James Lynch, DT Baylor. Basically guys that fit Rhule's modus operandi and both could stand more coaching. 

19 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

#7 : Derrick Brown, DT Auburn. The guy is a monster and a day one starter. Best defensive player still available by pick 7. The fact he shores up a definite need makes this a no-brainer.

#38: Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame. Looking at the picks before us, I think Kmet falls through as teams hit the rich WR and QB markets and some good OTs are still on board. We need a solid TE and I don't trust Ian Thomas to be up to par for us. Might be the steal of the draft.

#69: Matt Hennessy, C Temple. You have to go back 1,000 snaps before you see Matt give up a single sack on tape. Smart player, great lateral movement, hand movement best in class. Could be a spot of need immediately, might spell well at guard in the short term. Temple connection, may have been recruited by Rhule, although not coached by him. Massive upside to the pick.

#113: Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB Appalachian State U. Ranked highly by prognosticators, but not sure scouts believe in App State yet. Monster tackler, could be excellent Sam linebacker and special teamer. 

#148: Damien Lewis, OG LSU. Mauler, straight up and simple. Experience with current OC's game plans, has big potential, could be starter right away on Carolina line. 

#152: Josh Metellus, S Michigan. Good candidate to learn on the field, should be immediate special teams player.

#184:  John Hightower, WR Boise State. Long and lean player, fast with good hands. Can be immediate kick and punt returner. 

#221: Harrison Hand, CB Temple or James Lynch, DT Baylor. Basically guys that fit Rhule's modus operandi and both could stand more coaching. 

Lynch is not going to fall to the last Rd. Hell some mocks have him going in the first.

3 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Lynch is not going to fall to the last Rd. Hell some mocks have him going in the first.

You get down to seventh round and well, sometimes you get some weird stuff. Let's chalk it up to that. I really feel that Hand will be more likely.

22 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

No way their picking this many offensive players after spending most of FA on that side of the ball..  

A TE in the 2nd round of a weak TE class?? 

1 development CB??

This would literally be a terrible draft for us.  

Archived