• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top OTs in the draft - Wirfs/Wills

onmyown

23 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Never a bad idea to get a top offensive tackle if he's available. Would be 100% cool with it. Not flashy but one of the most important positions and we have been screwing around and not addressing it for too long. You want Brady's offense to work, you need a stout offensive line 

It always sounds good in theory but in practice a lot of the top OT prospects year after year are not really worth the price of admission.  http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/t

For me I'd rather stack the line full of 2nd thru 4th round picks than try to hit a homerun looking for the next big thing at OT.  Just my opinion.

11 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

It always sounds good in theory but in practice a lot of the top OT prospects year after year are not really worth the price of admission.  http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/t

For me I'd rather stack the line full of 2nd thru 4th round picks than try to hit a homerun looking for the next big thing at OT.  Just my opinion.

Wes I think we tried that here and since Gross left we were one hit away with Cam going down.  Well that year came in 2018 and it ended when we let him go for not winning 10 straight games due to that hit in Pittsburg on that Monday night game.  Maybe interior OLine you can get away with 2nd through 4th but the two anchors better be top grade 1's or 2's

12 minutes ago, cmichd said:

Wes I think we tried that here and since Gross left we were one hit away with Cam going down.  Well that year came in 2018 and it ended when we let him go for not winning 10 straight games due to that hit in Pittsburg on that Monday night game.  Maybe interior OLine you can get away with 2nd through 4th but the two anchors better be top grade 1's or 2's

So we both agree that using a 2 on an OT is okay.  The only difference is I'm not a fan of throwing a 1 at an OT unless the value is too good to pass up or the guy truly is a different player than nearly every other OT.  Those guys are very few and far between.  In my opinion, year after year fans (and teams) get excited about the next crop of OTs coming out.  But I feel like they are getting graded on a curve.  

21 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

So we both agree that using a 2 on an OT is okay.  The only difference is I'm not a fan of throwing a 1 at an OT unless the value is too good to pass up or the guy truly is a different player than nearly every other OT.  Those guys are very few and far between.  In my opinion, year after year fans (and teams) get excited about the next crop of OTs coming out.  But I feel like they are getting graded on a curve.  

I think the scouts make more out of them.  Just like Little.  I know that people make fun of me using Walters but their analysis of Little was just like everyone's else's.  He has the talent if he applies it.  He didn't impress me during the preseason and then he got hurt, and then hurt again, and then hurt again, but when he did play he just seem to be going through the motions.  Most Guards go in the 2nd round or the 3rd.  We were lucky with Norwell and did get a diamond.  

4 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

The only time you should draft an OT in the first, is he is a day one starter.  

One could argue those guys could do it, but we have our starters, and the value for the defensive side of the ball will be higher 

Sorry unless Little prove otherwise he is won't be a starter on the line this coming year.  I hope those pulling for him are right and he blossoms like yall hope.  I don't see it and why we should go after one of the 4 Tackles in this draft.

3 hours ago, cmichd said:

Sorry unless Little prove otherwise he is won't be a starter on the line this coming year.  I hope those pulling for him are right and he blossoms like yall hope.  I don't see it and why we should go after one of the 4 Tackles in this draft.

I didn't mention little as a starter this year. 

I don't think any rookie LT is a day one starter unless they start in another position... Rookie LT will struggle and look bad even in a perfect situation... Meaning.  They got all the reps in TC and Preseason.. The transition is a huge jump no matter what and they will get a QB killed... plain and simple..

Archived