• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My opinion of what we do with our rookies.

Matt62881

I think this was one hell of a draft and will produce the most rookies starting ever, I know we had alot of holes but I think this will be a good thing on this occasion. 

Derrick Brown- obviously Nose tackle on most downs but in a 3rd and long situation I could see him playing 5 tech to get our best pass rushers on the field. 

Matos- Man this kid was a steal, his speed and length are exceptional, I watched him run down countless running backs and running qbs on film, obviously DE. 

Chinn- I think this kid is our new #1 cb sticking with the best wr wherever they may go. 

Pride- I think he will be the slot cb and because I think we use the nickel as our base he sees the field alot. Being in the slot covers up the issues he does have. 

Kenny Robinson--I think he is a automatic upgrade at safety from last year and believe he along with Tre can play both SS and FS. So I think he is fielded as our 2nd safety. 

Bravion Roy- I was looking for a guy just like this but I thought it was gonna be Leki Fotu. I actually think we got a better player in Roy. I see him as a rotational player like Love but playing mostly running downs. Him and Brown side by side should fix our run situation without the need of a safety in the box. 

Thomas Oliver- In the first year I think he is at best a dime CB, he could possibly beat out Corn for the spot. At worst he's depth! But thats all 7 picks making the roster 5 starting and 6 getting decent play time. 

If it works out like this and these guys play well and improve as the year goes along, I think you have to give Hurney at least another year. Maybe you bring in a guy for the money side of things but this would be one of the best drafts in panthers history if it works out like I think and possibly makes us competitive this year. What do you guys think? 

Just now, Matt62881 said:

He can play it all dude check his draft profile, he was billed as Isaiah Simmons lite. 

"Chinn gives us an opportunity to have somebody that can be versatile, that can play the nickel, that can play the tight ends that we're going to face man to man, could be an excellent run defender as well, so he brings versatility," head coach Matt Rhule said.

Sorry, but you wouldn't put a #1 corner in the box or on a tight end or tout as a great run defender. Can he line up with receivers? Most definitely. Is he a corner? No way. 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

"Chinn gives us an opportunity to have somebody that can be versatile, that can play the nickel, that can play the tight ends that we're going to face man to man, could be an excellent run defender as well, so he brings versatility," head coach Matt Rhule said.

Sorry, but you wouldn't put a #1 corner in the box or on a tight end or tout as a great run defender. Can he line up with receivers? Most definitely. Is he a corner? No way. 

Imo he's better then Pride on the outside, you could switch them two but I don't feel as comfortable with Pride playing the best Wr. If the best wr is a TE tho, like Kittle I could see him coming inside. 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Just showing you what our official roster looks like as of right now...

Panthers Safeties.png

Oh I know what it looks like but try to put the best players all on the field in the nickel package, what do you come up with? I'm not leaving Chinn or Robinson off the field. 

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Just showing you what our official roster looks like as of right now...

Panthers Safeties.png

Edit: "If the best wr is a TE tho" lmao ok I'm getting off Huddle now

Fine, let's be specific, the best receiving threat... Jeez can you be more critical. 

Just now, YoungPanthers89 said:

.........neither of these guys can be a full time CB

...... Why not? Simmons took quite a few snaps at outside corner. In cover 3 the Cbs dump into a safety position. If we play alot of zone they can easy, even in man why not. 

Archived