• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My opinion of what we do with our rookies.

Matt62881

14 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

This is my attempt at getting all of our best players on the field at the same time. If Chinn plays safety then where does Robinson play. 

Hopefully Robinson can replace Tre later on

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm sure all the people making all these statements about Chinn have watched a lot of Southern Illinois football.

I just want to get them as much PT and experience as possible this season since I honestly don't expect to be competitive anyway.

I don't expect us to make the playoffs this year but I'd like to and the best way is to put your best players or the players with the highest ceiling all on the field. 

Here is how I see it--put the player where he has the best chance to succeed--to make a difference.  For example, I think Moton would be an all-world G---but he is a serviceable to good RT.  I think Chinn at CB is wasting his talent--he would be great as a versatile S, in the box, in coverage, blitzing, contain, etc---but outside at CB, he would not.

Now, you might stunt and blitz to fool the QB and have him cover outside once in a while, but everydown at CB, he would not be effective in my opinion. 

He is a great athlete--very versatile---and the OP's point is not lost in that regard.

Just now, MHS831 said:

Here is how I see it--put the player where he has the best chance to succeed--to make a difference.  For example, I think Moton would be an all-world G---but he is a serviceable to good RT.  I think Chinn at CB is wasting his talent--he would be great as a versatile S, in the box, in coverage, blitzing, contain, etc---but outside at CB, he would not.

Now, you might stunt and blitz to fool the QB and have him cover outside once in a while, but everydown at CB, he would not be effective in my opinion. 

He is a great athlete--very versatile---and the OP's point is not lost in that regard.

I appreciate you actually articulating a answer, thank you. 

13 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

...... Why not? Simmons took quite a few snaps at outside corner. In cover 3 the Cbs dump into a safety position. If we play alot of zone they can easy, even in man why not. 

Because that was college and they could get away with that in college. Can't do that in the NFL.

15 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Chinn is nothing more then a SS makes me laugh! 

No one said that Chinn is nothing more than a SS. Some of you guys are getting hilarious assuming that Rhule is going to play guys everywhere on defense. Go look and see where all these “hybrid” players are doing in the NFL. Deone Buccanon was cut by the Bucs a month into the season last year and is still a free agent at the moment. Haasan Reddick was recently rumored to be on the trading block. Budda Baker has been okay. Where is Obi Melifonwu? Also, Chinn is 220 lb. He’d probably be the biggest corner out there. 

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

Because that was college and they could get away with that in college. Can't do that in the NFL.

Both have all the athletic tools to play CB. In fact one thing I love about Chinn is his 41 inch verticle allowing him to challenge the biggest wds or TEs in the game and his 138 broad jump telling me he is explosive off the line. 

3 minutes ago, MMA said:

No one said that Chinn is nothing more than a SS. Some of you guys are getting hilarious assuming that Rhule is going to play guys everywhere on defense. Go look and see where all these “hybrid” players are doing in the NFL. Deone Buccanon was cut by the Bucs a month into the season last year and is still a free agent at the moment. Haasan Reddick was recently rumored to be on the trading block. Budda Baker has been okay. Where is Obi Melifonwu? Also, Chinn is 220 lb. He’d be probably the biggest corner out there. 

So? If he was slow I'd say yeah this effects him but he's explosive and has a insane vert. What about his athleticism keeps him away from CB? The only thing I can think of is positional knowledge. If we resign Ross I will be happy but at the moment Donte isn't a CB 1.

Archived