• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Davidson or Trgo... you must fire one.

Zod

I've got one more thing to add to this debate. If Trgovac can't coach, then how do the Panthers keep signing FA castoffs from other teams and making them look good? Think about it.

Gary Gibson, Taylor Brayton, Chris Draft, Na'il Diggs, Damione Lewis, Chris Harris, Al Wallace, and Kemo were all either back ups who rarely got to play, or were considered to be 1st round busts by their former teams, yet they have all done well in Trgovac's defense.

Also, when Del Rio was here, the strongest part of his defense was the D-line. Well, guess who the D-line coach was that year

Many of the players you mentioned were not backups who rarely played or were busts. Guys like Lewis and Kemo were free agents who we paid more then their old team. They started the year before they came to us and had good years.

Harris was a trade in a position where Chicago had a lot of depth but he started in the superbowl in 2006. Draft came to us the year after recording 110 tackles for Atlanta and was a solid guy. We let him go just like Atlanta after a good year. Diggs was another free agent who we picked up due to an injury history not poor play but he had a number of very good years for Green Bay. Al Wallace was never more than a backup for us as has been Gibson. Brayton may be the only one to which your premise may apply.

Try again with some guys who would actually support your argument.

As for Trgo being a good D-line coach, perhaps he is. Doesn't make him a good coordinator though. Just like a good coordinator doesn't mean you will be a good head coach or will stay one. Del Rio is on the brink of being fired after losing the team totally. He had initial success but has totally gone the other direction.

Wrong again. Teams don't fire head coaches but teams replace coordinators all the time. If one side of the ball is getting it done and the other side isn't, it isn't strange to upgrade. Didn't the Bears change defensive coordinatoors after a great season. I sure there are other examples.

There are. It doesn't happen all that often, but it does happen.

And yes, there have been examples of playoff teams letting go of good head coaches too. Marty Schottenheimer is probably the most extreme example, but it's also worth remember ing that Tony Dungy wasn't always the coach of the Colts. He did have that "other" job too.

Turgo calls the defense that FOX wants.

Can't blame the cashier when the manager told them to ring up your gorcery's wrong.

But Turdo is responsible for game prep and frankly, he is a lost cause when it comes to defense preparation especially with teams outside of our division.

There was a comment made by a defensive player...think it was Harris or Beason on WFNZ that said the major difference in the game was a couple hints that Fox gave them in private after film study with Turdo.

Form you're own opinion about that but I think Turdo is riding the coat tails of Fox now that he cant ride the coat tails of a Del Rio defense.

I seriously don't understand how Turdo still has a job.

Please someone tell me what he has accomplished here.

Defense wins Championships...piss poor defense nearly costs us the Division Championship.

Blowing 20 point leads is not a good sign going into the playoffs.

It's clearly evident who needs to go.

Fox must have really lost faith in Turdo to take over defensive playcalling on the last defensive outing.

Lets se how we do the rest of the way. He could go from my favorite to leave to just my favorite is he can put together 3 great defensive efforts over the next month. On the other hand a poor performance would seal it for me. Bit what do I know. I like the Jim Johnson approach myself.;)

News flash for all you rocket scientists. Playoff teams don't fire coaches. Save it for when the team is sucking.

Dont get ahead of yourself.

A defensive minded coach like Fox can NOT be happy about his DC giving up about 400 yards a game in the last half of the season.

I have said it before, I will say it again. Turgo is done after this season.

Lets se how we do the rest of the way. He could go from my favorite to leave to just my favorite is he can put together 3 great defensive efforts over the next month. On the other hand a poor performance would seal it for me. Bit what do I know. I like the Jim Johnson approach myself.;)

I will give ya that one.... Turgo IMO is on a 3 game tryout. LASTCHANCE.

Archived