• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st and goal timeout

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

Ok, I wasn't watching the game at this point but had it on gamecast....you guys were up by I believe 7 (or 10) and had the 1st and goal and Jake called a timeout. Then he fumbled and you had to settle for 3. Huge, huge play in my mind....why did he call the timeout? Run 4 qb sneaks from the 1 and you'll score. I think if you score a TD there, you win.

The problem on that play stemmed from both fullbacks being injured. They apparently had a brain fart about which personnel package to bring in, and when they brought the correct one in after the timeout the offensive guard playing fb bumped into Delhomme and messed up the hand off exchange.

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

The problem on that play stemmed from both fullbacks being injured. They apparently had a brain fart about which personnel package to bring in, and when they brought the correct one in after the timeout the offensive guard playing fb bumped into Delhomme and messed up the hand off exchange.

well no b.s., that was a huge sequence in regards to changing the game.....

I was listening to the game on the way back from the beach and we did NOT punch it in I felt alot more uneasy.

Looking back that seems to be the tone the rest of the way.

There were a couple of 3rd downs NO converted for long that I thought were the back breakers.

this.

we've had at least 1 or 2 of these situations occur every game..

Archived