• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If trey lance is there

Beerfacedlegend

2 minutes ago, raz said:

who in the hell makes their username 'mister', the name creepy disgusting JR made everyone call him like he was on a plantation?  i can't help but picture you about 350#, in a fedora, in the basement, in front of your collection of mall ninja shite and waifu pillows, and a quote on a poster that reads 'while you were studying in school, i was studying the blade'

He has the absolute worst takes on this board

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think our defense will be fine down the road. They are just super young. Franklin, Pride, Chinn, YGM, Brown, and Roy all had significant playing time which isn’t ideal for rookies (especially late round picks). Once we get FS and MLB straighten out with this rookies gaining experience, I think we will have one of the better defenses in the league. It’s all about learning now and replacing Boston/Whitehead later.

I get the hype around Lawrence, but he will still need players around him or will end up like Darnold if the team that drafts him fails to get him protection and weapons. It’s going to take a lot of capital to move up to draft him and I just don’t think we have the luxury of spending it all on one player. If we draft a young QB, our next priority should be overhauling the offensive line (followed by MLB and FS). I don’t know if Teddy can even make it all season behind our current line.

I think the OL can most certainly be addressed in free agency.  We have some decent cornerstones on the line.  We just need to phase out the bad apples.

1 minute ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I think the OL can most certainly be addressed in free agency.  We have some decent cornerstones on the line.  We just need to phase out the bad apples.

With the cap going down this is not the year to be shelling out big contracts.  We are just now having a plan to cut our dead weight.  We are going to need every penny in a couple of seasons.

Some teams that are terrible, every single season, are always near the top, drafting the next great superstar.  Only to get them killed and out of the league within 5 years.  The Jets are a prime candidate.

Then, you have the Steelers, who draft over and over on their Oline.  Ole Ben, the statue, has won Superbowls for them and might win another this season.

So the "sell the farm and future" only to get Lawrence killed, might or might not be the best answer.

3 minutes ago, stirs said:

Some teams that are terrible, every single season, are always near the top, drafting the next great superstar.  Only to get them killed and out of the league within 5 years.  The Jets are a prime candidate.

Then, you have the Steelers, who draft over and over on their Oline.  Ole Ben, the statue, has won Superbowls for them and might win another this season.

So the "sell the farm and future" only to get Lawrence killed, might or might not be the best answer.

Big Ben was far from a statue in his prime and having a Big Ben at QB for the better part of two decades gives you a lot of freedom to invest elsewhere in the draft.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

With the cap going down this is not the year to be shelling out big contracts.  We are just now having a plan to cut our dead weight.  We are going to need every penny in a couple of seasons.

Regardless, a top-10 all time prospect is worth trading some draft capital.  A really good o-lineman is nice, but it's not going to get us to the promised land. If the money isn't there to fill the need in free agency then so be it.  Trevor Lawrence is absolutely worth mortgaging a year into the future for. 

This board continually undervalues QB play like it's 1952 or something...  It's a head scratcher.  

Archived