• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

we have mastered - playing "not to lose"

III

seems to be our official second-half montra...

...our SOP when we have even the slightest of leads...

...we have mastered that concept very well.

Im tired of it.

we get a lead - and instead of being brutal, merciless and playing to *win* by ruthlessly scoring no matter the lead or being behind. (see AFC)

no...

we have to play this lame "go out there and don't lose" way...not "go out there and win at all costs" kind of way.

for what?

another season ending injury?

another player on IR?

great - there goes the 2021 draft.

just another pretty candle in this shitcake of a season.

another slice please...corner slice this time - thanks.

<rant over>

that was a great first half though...great, I have not enjoyed a first half more this season (expcept maybe last week...but most of that was shock). I imagine a lot of folks will be studying that tape in the next few weeks.

We have failed - playing "not to lose" How many of those games do we lose? You just can't play that way in the NFL against the best teams in the game. I would have thought Fox would have figured that out by now...but after 7.5 years if he hasn't learned that, he never will. Foxball is a failure and needs to be forgotten and dumped into the trash heap.

We have failed - playing "not to lose" How many of those games do we lose? You just can't play that way in the NFL against the best teams in the game. I would have thought Fox would have figured that out by now...but after 7.5 years if he hasn't learned that, he never will. Foxball is a failure and needs to be forgotten and dumped into the trash heap.

Thats a little far, sure hes not perfect but he is still a damn good coach. He is the most successful in our Franchises history and up until this season was considered by many to be in the top 6 or 7 coaches in the league. He is done here but I still think he has something to bring to a team that has a losing mentality. Took our team from 1-15 to SB in two seasons. Redskins new coach John Fox.

Love Martyball but that mufuka is snake bitten....

Define playing not to lose.

Im gonna take a bit of a leap and assume you are talking about trying to run the ball more. Im not sure if you noticed but 25 of our 30 passing attempts came in the second half. 19 of those before we relinquished the lead. Its gonna be hard to convince me that we lost this game because we were too conservative after we had the lead.

Somebody needs to call in to Panther Talk and ask why we continue to play "not to lose" and why we just shut down our gameplan and go straight to run, run, run, after getting a 14+ point lead. Another good question would be why the gameplan is scaled back with Delhomme at quarterback. The answers will probably be a bunch of Foxism BS, but at least he'll know the fans are concerned (or not :mad:)

That is one of those sucker stats. Dinking and dunking is still conservative. How many of those passes were over 20 yards? 2-3 maybe?

How many of Bree's were?? Even the first touchdown was a short 8 yard seam pass he busted for a TD. Most quarterbacks throw a lot more short passes than they do 40 or 50 yard bombs.

Archived