• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

we have mastered - playing "not to lose"

III

Jake threw two to many deep passes.

I dont disagree with that. I personally think we should have stuck with the run game a little more in the second half. It was fairly effective all day. and running the ball eats clock and keeps the other teams offense ( and our defense) off the field. A trend I have noticed with Davidson is that when he starts getting nervous about the game he almost always gets pass happy.

I dont disagree with that. I personally think we should have stuck with the run game a little more in the second half. It was fairly effective all day. and running the ball eats clock and keeps the other teams offense ( and our defense) off the field. A trend I have noticed with Davidson is that when he starts getting nervous about the game he almost always gets pass happy.

I was thinking about the two deep shots to Smith and Jarrett on the next to last drive. They were unnecessary. They were giving us the underneath stuff and we should have kept taking it. We had plenty of time. No need for a 30 yard pass. And when we got the ball inside the 20, we would have had time to run the ball, run time off the clock, punch it in the endzone or kick the field goal.

Thats a little far, sure hes not perfect but he is still a damn good coach. He is the most successful in our Franchises history and up until this season was considered by many to be in the top 6 or 7 coaches in the league. He is done here but I still think he has something to bring to a team that has a losing mentality. Took our team from 1-15 to SB in two seasons. Redskins new coach John Fox.

Let's compare to: Dom Capers team -Alot better with the help of Jack DelRio's D and Dan Henning's Offense

George Seifert's team - Night and Day

So....yeah Foxy had a winning season and took us to the SB after Defense and Offense was in place. Defense was also loaded up with steroids, mind you.

Jon Gruden did same with Tony Dungy's Bucs team. He had his up and down seasons with very good players.

We had a soft schedule in '03.

Fox brought us to the playoffs in 03(SB), in 05 and 08.

Because of talent + strength of schedule in 04 and 07, we should have been more prepared with backups for the injuries we had and could have had more shots at the playoffs. That falls on the coaching staff.

Let's compare to: Dom Capers team -Alot better with the help of Jack DelRio's D and Dan Henning's Offense

George Seifert's team - Night and Day

So....yeah Foxy had a winning season and took us to the SB after Defense and Offense was in place. Defense was also loaded up with steroids, mind you.

Jon Gruden did same with Tony Dungy's Bucs team. He had his up and down seasons with very good players.

We had a soft schedule in '03.

Fox brought us to the playoffs in 03(SB), in 05 and 08.

Because of talent + strength of schedule in 04 and 07, we should have been more prepared with backups for the injuries we had and could have had more shots at the playoffs. That falls on the coaching staff.

I'm not arguing that he is the best coach ever I just don't consider him a failure far from it. He took us from doormats to being in contention almost every year. I think the lack of depth should be more attributed to Hurney as he is who is supposed to find it. Like I said I want a change. This team has too easily accepted mediocrity and I can not condone that but Fox is not a failure.

I'm not arguing that he is the best coach ever I just don't consider him a failure far from it. He took us from doormats to being in contention almost every year. I think the lack of depth should be more attributed to Hurney as he is who is supposed to find it. Like I said I want a change. This team has too easily accepted mediocrity and I can not condone that but Fox is not a failure.

Ok. Understood.

In Peter King's MMQB on cnnsi, we said he does not think Fox is going anywhere.

Well to Jramsey, Fox will not be with the Redskins, he's not a 'sexy' enough pick for ole Danny, and besides, with all the Superbowl winning coaches out there, and up and coming assistants, why would he go for Fox?

It's really a sad time around here.

Fox hasn't lost his team, yet...they played hard on Sunday and the Sunday before that, and probably will this Sunday. In today's NFL, that's saying something isn't it? Plenty of teams would have laid down. That's a tip to Fox's leadership, like it or not.

Is Fox the best coach we have had, sure, we have a 3. Is he the best coach we could have, to take the team to the next level, no, he's not.

He's fine fundamentally; but, what he lacks is imagination. The man's the perfect definition is as a turtle...I've crossed the road now, head back in shell. I'll just keep plodding along, doing what I always do, cuz gosh darn, it worked in the 80s-90s. Those days are long gone in the NFL.

Just like TEs are important, safeties are important, QBs are important too. The teams that 'got that' and got themselves one, well, they are doing pretty fine aren't they. The ones that don't, aren't. We are in the 'arents' and have been for several years now.

I wish Fox well, he's a good man. Delhomme too; but, if Jerry does not make a change, I think we can expect a lot of PSLs to be turned in. NFL costs money. For people to spend money, they don't necessarily have to have a winner; but, they do have to have hope of a winner.

I wish Fox well, he's a good man. Delhomme too; but, if Jerry does not make a change, I think we can expect a lot of PSLs to be turned in. NFL costs money. For people to spend money, they don't necessarily have to have a winner; but, they do have to have hope of a winner.

We will have an easy schedule next year. So jump on the hope train now! :party:

Yet, they call a draw play with D'Williams when we're trying to get out of the endzone and then disaster hits.

Hidden

Yet they call a draw play with D'Williams when we're trying to get out of the endzone and then disaster strikes.

Archived