• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Game this weekend

DaveThePanther2008

Titans at Green Bay

Minnesota at New Orleans

If the Titans can upset Green Bay in the frozen tundra and the Saints win in N.O,

The Saints will play to win against us as GB wil go to Chicago. If the Bears upset GB, New Orleans will be in position to grab the #1 seed. 

All Panther fans should be pulling for Tennessee this weekend.

Erroneous GIF - Erroneous - Discover & Share GIFs

Wrong. We should all 100% be rooting our asses off for Minnesota to beat New Orleans and Tampa Bay to beat the Lions. Then the Aints have no chance at the #1 seed and will be playing to win against us because if they lose to us they lose the division.

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Erroneous GIF - Erroneous - Discover & Share GIFs

Wrong. We should all 100% be rooting our asses off for Minnesota to beat New Orleans and Tampa Bay to beat the Lions. Then the Aints have no chance at the #1 seed and will be playing to win against us because if they lose to us they lose the division.

Splitting atoms.

As long as they come to play us in week 17  I could give a rats ass which way it happens. 

:shades:

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Splitting atoms.

As long as they come to play us in week 17  I could give a rats ass which we it happens. 

:shades:

I prefer that they have zero shot of getting the 1 seed, even if that means they play backups against us in week 17 (we still probably lose anyways).

1 minute ago, t96 said:

I prefer that they have zero shot of getting the 1 seed, even if that means they play backups against us in week 17 (we still probably lose anyways).

I think Tennessee has a good shot at beating Green Bay but I seriously doubt the Bears beat them in week 17.  So the Packers would remain #1 seed.    The point, for me, is that New Orleans doesn't slack off against us.

We played them well earlier in the season in New Orleans.  We're not completely out of it. 

Even with only two games left, there are still a lot of permutations on the table.  Whichever one puts the Saints in a position to play their best against us is the one we should be hoping for.  First seed is clearly the most attractive, as it's the only one with a bye.  Both GB and NO should be focused on that.

That said, I just don't see the Saints losing at home to the Vikings . . . the Vikings aren't very good and their locker room is showing some cracks.  I could see the Titans beating the Packers.  Packers sort of appear to be coasting a bit, which might open a door.  Titans are a good team.  A Packers loss and a Saints win appears to be "possible", and would be a great scenario for the Panthers.

Archived