• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cost to trade up

AU-panther

18 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I would say of everyone you listed, the Giants are the biggest threat. 

Miami won't bail on Tua so early. They can build around him and he should get better next year, especially as he heals more from the Hip injury last year. 

Jones is invested in Dak. Their season tanked the moment he went down. They know they need to pay him in order to compete. I don't see them letting him walk. If they do, they are definitely in the mix. 

Philly has no way to trade Wentz that would relieve their Cap, and they just spent a 2nd on Hurts last season. They have too much capital invested in the QB room at the moment. If they add another, it would do absolutely nothing to help the team.

Vikings are stuck with Cousins and his contract, and honestly, he's not as bad as everyone thinks he is. Vikings' D was their issue this year, Captain Kirk was actually solid. 4k yards passing, 35 TDs and 13 interceptions (many either deflections off receivers or last second heaves). It wasn't during Garbage time either. We as a franchise would be thrilled to have him as our QB. He would make us competitive. 

Giants - If Gettleman stays, so does Jones. If Gettleman leaves, it's probably 80/20 he stays/goes based on where they draft. They have a few more holes to fill throughout the roster and it would probably serve them better to get an edge rusher or WR than to draft another QB.

Arizona drafted Murry shortly after drafting Rosen.  A lot of chatter about how Miami picking a QB wouldn't be a bad play.  If they both are good you can trade one in the future.  Not saying it is likely but still possible

I don't see Dallas letting Dak walk but here again not impossible.  Would solve salary cap issues.  Also no idea how fractured the relationship is after Dak getting hurt without an extension all ready in place.

Vikings aren't stuck with cousins, they could easily let cousins start next year and let the rookie be a back up for a year.  Cutting him in 2022 wouldn't be that bad.

Are any of these situations likely? no, but if there are 5 unlikely situations and one ends up happening that wouldn't' be a shock.

Either way there are a lot of teams, both ahead of us and behind us that could go QB in this draft.

6 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Arizona drafted Murry shortly after drafting Rosen.  A lot of chatter about how Miami picking a QB wouldn't be a bad play.  If they both are good you can trade one in the future.  Not saying it is likely but still possible

I don't see Dallas letting Dak walk but here again not impossible.  Would solve salary cap issues.  Also no idea how fractured the relationship is after Dak getting hurt without an extension all ready in place.

Vikings aren't stuck with cousins, they could easily let cousins start next year and let the rookie be a back up for a year.  Cutting him in 2022 wouldn't be that bad.

Are any of these situations likely? no, but if there are 5 unlikely situations and one ends up happening that wouldn't' be a shock.

Either way there are a lot of teams, both ahead of us and behind us that could go QB in this draft.

The other thing to consider with those other teams is where they sit in the draft compared to us. They would have to give up significantly more to the Dolphins in order to entice a trade. Big difference in moving down from 3 to 8 than from 3 to 10+. Those teams have QBs and the draft capital needed to trade up and take a gamble on a new one doesn't seem asset smart for any of those other franchises.

8 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

The other thing to consider with those other teams is where they sit in the draft compared to us. They would have to give up significantly more to the Dolphins in order to entice a trade. Big difference in moving down from 3 to 8 than from 3 to 10+. Those teams have QBs and the draft capital needed to trade up and take a gamble on a new one doesn't seem asset smart for any of those other franchises.

Miami is ahead of us, they could probably get a second just to move down one spot with Atlanta.  Dallas is only two spots behind us not a huge difference.

Vikings would be a jump, i'll give you that.  Here again I'm not trying to say its likely, just possible.

You are trying to talk yourself into best case scenarios, I'm trying to think worst.

The intent of my post was to let people know that its going to be expensive to move up to 3.  There is a lot of wishful thinking around here.

In your opinion what do you think it would take to go from 8 to 3?

14 hours ago, Wanderlai said:

Well we did get a whole wheelbarrow full of culture out of that win so does that even out? 

That whole wheelbarrow full of culture really weighed us down in our game against the Saints.  It's like the wheelbarrow's wheel was flat or just too heavy for old Teddy.

2 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Miami is ahead of us, they could probably get a second just to move down one spot with Atlanta.  Dallas is only two spots behind us not a huge difference.

Vikings would be a jump, i'll give you that.  Here again I'm not trying to say its likely, just possible.

You are trying to talk yourself into best case scenarios, I'm trying to think worst.

The intent of my post was to let people know that its going to be expensive to move up to 3.  There is a lot of wishful thinking around here.

In your opinion what do you think it would take to go from 8 to 3?

Oh no, I get what you're saying, and you're right, you're presenting the absolute WORST case scenario in these situations but I just don't see it as likely, so I don't think I'm giving a best case scenario, just realistic scenario. 

As for what it would take to get up to 3? 1st this year, 1st next year and at least a 2 this year - and maybe even a 3 added on for next. Going to be costly whatever it is if we want to guarantee we outbid others that might jockey for it. 

Archived