• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Fox should stay

Hairless Cat

Fox has seen Moore and years of practise, and preseaon. Im really believe if Fox thought he was the better answer then he would put him in. But Fox cant help it if moore gives him nothing to believe he's worth starting.

If you want to argue Fox shouldve been more ready with a different qb for the future, then thats more debatable. But agian I dont' believe fox should be fired for that sole purpose.

Blah blah blah. The only reason Fox will not put in Moore is because of one he does not want to admit Jake is no longer the QB he once was. 2 they gave jake a 4 year extension. 3 You would believe anything Fox tells you in a interview wouldn't you. If fox told you Goodson better then Dwill and J stewart you would believe him. Fact is Fox don't care anymore. And far as Matt Moore goes he was 2-1 as starter in 2007. Enough said. That proves Moore is a good QB not getting a chance to play. Believe Fox if you want. But Fox no longer can handle this team and his duties as HC. Fox has been good. But I am sick of seeing Fox have one good season and then bad the next year. That crap is going for far to long. We need a coach that can come in and help make this team into a team that can win season after season. Not just when every other season. Fox can not even put a back to back winning season in his 8 years. That is a crying shame. Oh but yea Fox in his 8 years can put together back to back lossing seasons. Not a sign of a great coach. Fox is getting us to a SB and 2 NFC champinship games in 8 years was nice. But time to make a change and bring in a new coach who can get the Job done.

I think the hate toward Fox is based on the idea that we have a really talented team that could do more with better coaching. I guess if Fox does go, we'll find out. But I can look at all the coaches in the league and say "Would I rather have this guy than John Fox?" Belicheck, Tomlin, Payton - yes. Wisenhunt, McDaniels, Sporano, Mike Smith - maybe. A lot of the other guys - absofrigginlutely not. And the Browns, Redskins, Chiefs, Bills etc. all thought they were making a good decision when they fired somebody to get the guy they have now. Wrong. Just be careful what you wish for; if we fire John Fox and hire the next Lombardi that's great but history suggests we're more likely to hire the next Jim Zorn. John Fox has weaknesses, he doesn't evaluate or coach QBs well, but he's too good a coach to dump without having a sure-fire quality replacement ready.

I think the hate toward Fox is based on the idea that we have a really talented team that could do more with better coaching. I guess if Fox does go, we'll find out. But I can look at all the coaches in the league and say "Would I rather have this guy than John Fox?" Belicheck, Tomlin, Payton - yes. Wisenhunt, McDaniels, Sporano, Mike Smith - maybe. A lot of the other guys - absofrigginlutely not. And the Browns, Redskins, Chiefs, Bills etc. all thought they were making a good decision when they fired somebody to get the guy they have now. Wrong. Just be careful what you wish for; if we fire John Fox and hire the next Lombardi that's great but history suggests we're more likely to hire the next Jim Zorn. John Fox has weaknesses, he doesn't evaluate or coach QBs well, but he's too good a coach to dump without having a sure-fire quality replacement ready.

nice

and I am adding or unproven. Id rather have a winning season every other year with a opportunity for the NFC title and superbowl than become an oakland.

nice

and I am adding or unproven. Id rather have a winning season every other year with a opportunity for the NFC title and superbowl than become an oakland.

you are basically saying you prefer to stay average/medicore b/c you are afraid wanting to be very good franchise is too big of a risk that you will end up being a poor one.

No-

what I said in my initial post was that its all on not having a viable NFL caliber qb, that we have the record we do today.

Its my belief that Fox is a quarterback away from being a great coach, and it would be foolish to get rid of him because we dont have a quarterback worth a damn.

Hell people, we have no idea who made the qb decisions- it may have been the Richardsons or Hurney.

Its not all on J Fox.

No-

what I said in my initial post was that its all on not having a viable NFL caliber qb, that we have the record we do today.

Its my belief that Fox is a quarterback away from being a great coach, and it would be foolish to get rid of him because we dont have a quarterback worth a damn.

Hell people, we have no idea who made the qb decisions- it may have been the Richardsons or Hurney.

Its not all on J Fox.

Every coach is a QB away from being "great". This argument is retarded. The Colts won a SB with Tony Dungy. Now he's retired and they are better. The Steelers won a SB with Bill Cowher. Now he's retired and they are better for it.

They were "great" because they had amazing QB's. Give Raheem Morris a QB like Tom Brady and I bet everyone says he's such a great coach. Look at Mike Smith. Not saying that he's bad by any means at all. I think he's good. But because of Matt Ryan he looks great.

Norv Turner with Phillip Rivers even.. NORV TURNER. There's more to being a good coach than having a good QB. If you're a casual fan you probably cannot distinguish the difference.

The biggest issue is that Fox has run his course here. I, like many other people, feel like he has sort of plateaued with this team. For us to step to the next level, it's time for a change in the coaching staff.

Every coach is a QB away from being "great". This argument is retarded. The Colts won a SB with Tony Dungy. Now he's retired and they are better. The Steelers won a SB with Bill Cowher. Now he's retired and they are better for it.

They were "great" because they had amazing QB's. Give Raheem Morris a QB like Tom Brady and I bet everyone says he's such a great coach. Look at Mike Smith. Not saying that he's bad by any means at all. I think he's good. But because of Matt Ryan he looks great.

Norv Turner with Phillip Rivers even.. NORV TURNER. There's more to being a good coach than having a good QB. If you're a casual fan you probably cannot distinguish the difference.

The biggest issue is that Fox has run his course here. I, like many other people, feel like he has sort of plateaued with this team. For us to step to the next level, it's time for a change in the coaching staff.

We dont need a "great" qb we need an above average one. Someone like Farve in his current situation. Who can make a team pay for trying to stop the run,and win a game or two when needed.

Say we have get one. Do you really think we couldnt go far in the playoffs with Fox?

Where does this above average QB come from? Surely not from the draft, unless later rounds, and then he must be developed for several years. Something else this coaching staff hasn't shown it could do.

You're asking if John Fox could make a playoff push with a team that can run, pass, and play good defense. Absolutely. So could any other NFL caliber head coach.

Where does this above average QB come from? Surely not from the draft, unless later rounds, and then he must be developed for several years. Something else this coaching staff hasn't shown it could do.

You're asking if John Fox could make a playoff push with a team that can run, pass, and play good defense. Absolutely. So could any other NFL caliber head coach.

Yes but how many can build a team that has that? He's built a fantastic running attack. And very solid defence. The only problem was holding on a qb for one year to long. Anybody can coach a good team, but not many can build one. And he's proven he can go deep with lesser talent.

I dont see that. And I think at the end of the season what ever that may bring you will see that JR doesnt see it either.

You may want to accustom yourself to that, to keep from being too disappointed .

Im sorry but JR is not gonna give Fox a new contract with the team the way it is. Smiths unhappy, Peppers is unhappy,and Beason is unhappy. Thats 3 Pro Bowlers that are upset with whats going on. The writing is on the wall for Fox.

I will say this. Fox has gone soft on this team, and needs to ratchet up the intensity or ship out.

He whipped this team into shape when he got here, going from 1-15 to the Superbowl in 2 years.

Since then I think he's gotten to know the players, and has trouble demanding that upper level of performance.

Lack of focus, a fat belly...yeah, that's Foxball right now. I don't want him gone. I want him to go back to being the coach he was when he got here, demanding accountability from his players on the field.

Back when "It is what it is" was a call to toughen up and knuckle down and play some damn football, and not just a soft excuse for another game where the team failed to execute.

Archived