• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Fox should stay

Hairless Cat

Even if he did make the mistake of assuming that Delhomme would make a comeback after the Arizona fiasco last year, he knows that it ws a mistake now.

As Far as I can tell thats his biggest sin and the reason our record has been dismal this year. It all goes back to Delhomme. Just because he wont start one of the back ups is NOT REASON TO FIRE HIM AND TAKE A CHANCE WITH AN INEPT COACH. He and Marty Hurney can find us a quarterback in the off season that will get us back to where we want to be as a contender for the SB and NFC title.

I say give him at least another year and see what he can do.:)

I remember one playoff appearance in our first seven seasons. I also remember 3 playoff appearances, 2 NFCCG's and a Superbowl appearance since Fox got here.

I remember wanting Spurrier and being disappointed when we got Fox.

I just think people calling for Fox's head weren't watching much Panther football before 2003.

Even if he did make the mistake of assuming that Delhomme would make a comeback after the Arizona fiasco last year, he knows that it ws a mistake now.

As Far as I can tell thats his biggest sin and the reason our record has been dismal this year. It all goes back to Delhomme. Just because he wont start one of the back ups is NOT REASON TO FIRE HIM AND TAKE A CHANCE WITH AN INEPT COACH. He and Marty Hurney can find us a quarterback in the off season that will get us back to where we want to be as a contender for the SB and NFC title.

I say give him at least another year and see what he can do.:)

Having only Jake and no other viable QB on the roster is not only a mistake this year!! It has been the failure of Fox/Hurney for several years. They have tried, ie bringing in Carr, but other than that they have failed miserably at having a QB of the future on this roster way before this season.

Didnt our back up quarter back get raped by Philadelphia so badly ( read porus o line ) he had to be put onto the IR?

I think Fox and Hurney did plan but you can not plan for every contingency.

And I think Matt Moore has not progressed they way they thought he would, in fact I would argue from what I have seen of him this year including the pre season games that Moore has actually REGRESSED

I agree, John Fox should stay and keep Jake as our quarterback for next year. We all know John can win with an easy schedule. Super Bowl here we come!

/sarcasm

do people honestly believe that we are going to have an easy schedule next year?

why?

Honestly, he's one of the better coaches in the league. Panthers have been top 10 in the NFL in total wins since he took over a 1-15 team.

That being said, I still want to bring in someone new. The league has shifted to benefit pass first offenses and Foxball just isn't as competitive as it once was. It's clear seeing what Henning is doing in Miami that Fox is a big part of how our offense is designed.

I'd like to keep both of our coordinators and GM though. Give Davidson some more freedom to run the Weis system of offense he studied under and overhaul our WRs and QB situation.

ok...so once upon a time we went to the superbowl with fox and jake so we should forever be indebted to them for taking our fair franchise further than it ever has before and continue to allow them to lead our team.

status quo ftw! complacency rules!

Archived