• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Championship Thread: 3 The Ohio State Buckeyes vs 1 Alabama Crimson Tide 8 PM All ESPN Networks

5 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Indeed. 

You see some of these too early top 25's? A lot of teams without QB's in front of OU and UNC has me scratching my head. 

Elite QB or not, the Bamas, Clemsons, Ohio States, they are always going to be ranked very high. Hype and prestige for one, a roster full of 4* and 5* recruits for two. Even if they aren't going to be fielding a proven college QB, they're going to be fielding a kid who was one of the top QB recruits in the country and he's going to be surrounded by elite talent. No one was excited about the prospects of Mac Jones starting this year and he still put up video game stats because of an elite OL, and elite RB, and elite receivers including the Heisman winner.

2 minutes ago, TreadmillTrackstar said:

Yeah he kind of comes off as dumb country gent in a way. Seems like a good motivator and a very good coach but doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed.

Watched a video on 247 about his "motivation" techniques. Seems he was always playing the "we're the underdog, but we can do this" card at Clemson. This year, and years prior the underdog because the expected winner and that is why I believe they lost as bad as they did. His motivation techniques were not working this year. So, he tried to stir poo up to maybe make it work? I dunno. Whole thing was odd from every perspective. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Elite QB or not, the Bamas, Clemsons, Ohio States, they are always going to be ranked very high. Hype and prestige for one, a roster full of 4* and 5* recruits for two. Even if they aren't going to be fielding a proven college QB, they're going to be fielding a kid who was one of the top QB recruits in the country and he's going to be surrounded by elite talent. No one was excited about the prospects of Mac Jones starting this year and he still out up video game stats because of an elite OL, and elite RB, and elite receivers including the Heisman winner.

Meh. That was a knock on OU to start the season. If you don't have a proven QB, regardless of the talent you deserve to be knocked down a few spots. Clemson deserves to be knocked down a few spots, so does Ohio State. Especially since both are losing a lot including their QB's. I'll give Saban the benefit of the doubt, because Bama has earned it. Clemson and Ohio State have not earned that benefit of the doubt. Especially since Ohio State might be starting a True Freshman or an average 4 star at QB. While Clemson is starting DJ, they still lose a lot of weapons. Plus, their defense wasn't exactly balling out of control. 

1 minute ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Meh. That was a knock on OU to start the season. If you don't have a proven QB, regardless of the talent you deserve to be knocked down a few spots. Clemson deserves to be knocked down a few spots, so does Ohio State. Especially since both are losing a lot including their QB's. I'll give Saban the benefit of the doubt, because Bama has earned it. Clemson and Ohio State have not earned that benefit of the doubt. Especially since Ohio State might be starting a True Freshman or an average 4 star at QB. While Clemson is starting DJ, they still lose a lot of weapons. Plus, their defense wasn't exactly balling out of control. 

Clemson is going to be starting a kid who was a consensus top three overall recruit and who saw playing time as a true freshman throwing for nearly 1000 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INTs, and nearly a 70% completion percentage. All the elite teams lose a lot every year. They just replace them with more Parade All-Americans.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Clemson is going to be starting a kid who was a consensus top three overall recruit and who saw playing time as a true freshman throwing for nearly 1000 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INTs, and nearly a 70% completion percentage. All the elite teams lose a lot every year. They just replace them with more Parade All-Americans.

Sure. I like DJ, but Clemson was average as hell on defense this year. They weren't really good by any means. We'll see how DJ does without those weapons too. 

27 minutes ago, TreadmillTrackstar said:

Yeah he kind of comes off as dumb country gent in a way. Seems like a good motivator and a very good coach but doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed.

Dabo is a motivator, a recruiter and cheerleader.     

Archived