• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer got his foot in the door by trash talking David Tepper

Mr. Scot

Just now, Fox007 said:

In every interview I've ever done it was most certainly loose and open. There has always been the opportunity to ask the interviewer questions...like where are you people interviewing at? I work at Booz Allen Hamilton as an engineer so hearing that type of poo is just basic to me. You always get to question your interviewer and tell jokes and poo.

Maybe other worse jobs are different?

I don't know if it's so much the type of job as it is the person interviewing. I've definitely sat in interviews where I felt like if I so much as cracked a smile, the interviewer would give me poor marks.

And yeah, I call this trash talking. Trash talking isn't necessarily an adversarial thing.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know if it's so much the type of job as it is the person interviewing. I've definitely sat in interviews where I felt like if I so much as cracked a smile, the interviewer would give me poor marks.

And yeah, I call this trash talking. Trash talking isn't necessarily an adversarial thing.

I would just leave the interview unless I was desperate or something. Not exactly a place I would be taking my talents to. I think "talking poo" is the other way it is meant as well so I gotcha. Just meaning it as the goofing around version.

6 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

In every interview I've ever done it was most certainly loose and open. There has always been the opportunity to ask the interviewer questions...like where are you people interviewing at? I work at Booz Allen Hamilton as an engineer so hearing that type of poo is just basic to me. You always get to question your interviewer and tell jokes and poo.

Maybe other worse jobs are different?

Some of them are loose but some are very scripted and intense. I don't really care in either situation, personally. But the majority of people in those scenarios are not particularly cool, calm and collected. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Some of them are loose but some are very scripted and intense. I don't really care in either situation, personally. But the majority of people in those scenarios are not particularly cool, calm and collected. 

Yea like I told Scott I would just flat out leave a situation like that and take my talents somewhere else unless I just had to have a job. Too many good places around the world to work to be sitting 40+ hours a week with some uptight jackasses.

But I obviously know that some people just have to have a job.

Edited by Fox007

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Exactly because you can't always tell if the recipient is thin skinned or takes ribbing from his "underlings" well.  

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

I would just leave the interview unless I was desperate or something. Not exactly a place I would be taking my talents to. I think "talking poo" is the other way it is meant as well so I gotcha. Just meaning it as the goofing around version.

I've been in a position where I could afford to be choosy and I've been in positions where I couldn't.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Fox007 said:

Yea like I told Scott I would just flat out leave a situation like that and take my talents somewhere else unless I just had to have a job. Too many good places around the world to work to be sitting 40+ hours a week with some uptight jackasses.

I go through the motions even if I know I am not going to take the job(and I usually am not). It just keeps you a little sharper plus the mental and verbal jousting is sometimes kind of fun. 

I used to try and do 2-3 interviews a year even if I had no intention of taking the job just to kind of stay sharp or entertain myself. I don't do that as much anymore because I am just used to the drill a lot more at this point in my career.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I go through the motions even if I know I am not going to take the job(and I usually am not). It just keeps you a little sharper plus the mental and verbal jousting is sometimes kind of fun. 

I used to try and do 2-3 interviews a year even if I had no intention of taking the job just to kind of stay sharp or entertain myself. I don't do that as much anymore because I am just used to the drill a lot more at this point in my career.

It's not a bad idea. At BAH we have to interview again in between projects or if we change locations or w/e to similarly train people to do interviews and to stay sharp at it since we also have a lot of gubment contracts.

• Pie 1

Worth noting that the story of them "resetting" the search after this weekend confirms what we heard before about them not being able to settle on the first group of candidates.

Makes me wonder if they were zeroing in on Fitterer after they talked to him and the other second wave interviews were "just in case".

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

It's not a bad idea. At BAH we have to interview again in between projects or if we change locations or w/e to similarly train people to do interviews and to stay sharp at it since we also have a lot of gubment contracts.

It also teaches you to be a lot more relaxed when you do interviews when you don't really need or want a job. It just becomes old hat, eventually. 

The the government contract world is nuts. I have had some government work and it is wild how that stuff operates versus the general industry.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Worth noting that the story of them "resetting" the search after this weekend confirms what we heard before about them not being able to settle on the first group of candidates.

Makes me wonder if they were zeroing in on Fitterer after they talked to him and the other second wave interviews were "just in case".

Well, given how aggressively they pursued and closed with Rhule, I think it's more likely that they just didn't have a clear answer after round one of the interviews and it took until round two for the final decision to be made. 

15 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

The timeline of that story is odd. It doesn't sound like his quip got his foot in the door but maybe sealed the deal. He got his foot in the door because they decided to reset and request more interviews.

Nevermind......it got his foot in the in person interview. 

ps I hate this new edit window limitation

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, given how aggressively they pursued and closed with Rhule, I think it's more likely that they just didn't have a clear answer after round one of the interviews and it took until round two for the final decision to be made. 

I think their pursuit of Fitterer kinda mirrors when they went after Rhule.

(just a little bit longer and no meatballs involved)

• Pie 1