• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021 NFL Mock Draft: Lions, Falcons trade up after Panthers acquire Matthew Stafford

panthers320

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

You’re missing a couple things. First, the pre-June 1st cut nets you $8M. $3M in  2021 and $5M in 2022. If we keep him and release him in 2022 we still get hit with $5M in 2022 if he’s not here. So, if we release him whether pre or post, we still save a total of $8M and with rollover it really doesn’t matter which cap year the savings occurs. Second, you can cut him and designate as a Post June 1st, you don’t actually wait until June 1st to do it.

I’d rather save $8M than have a lame duck QB do nothing. 

If we trade for a QB that makes sense, but if we have a rookie you let him get beat up on instead of the rookie. There is no sense in sacrificing you're Franchise QB over a guy that's not going to be here in 2 years. 

As stupid as Teddy's contract was, this was always what the plan was supposed to be when you blow through all the coach speak, player speak, and other bs.

Plus, keeping Teddy allows us to lose a few more games than we should and really but a nice bow on the final true year of rebuilding and switch gears after next season.

24 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

If we don't make a trade by the draft I think he's the starter day 1 unless we get Wilson. Which isn't a bad thing. Let him take the hits for the young kid, and get a good draft pick for a final year that could spring board us into the playoffs.

I think Teddy starting is a worst case scenario. I don't want to see him ruin another season and make the morale of the team suffer.

We need to have a starting caliber NFL QB in 2021.

Edited by kungfoodude