• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All 32 starting QBs predicted (Matt Williamson)

CRA

29 minutes ago, SOJA said:

The only QB I *might* consider outside of the top 4 is Jamie Newman in the second round.

No thank you.

He's a guy that people fall in love with physically (albeit his footwork is awful), but he doesn't have it mentally. He doesn't process the field at all. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, unicar15 said:

Can someone humor me as to why Joe Burrow is the #1 pick and Mac Jones isn’t worth a day 2 pick? I get that he was throwing to Waddle and Smith. Burrow was throwing to Chase and had Edward-Helaire. 

They both have what looks like average athleticism. They both have good but not great arms. I remember the knock on Burrow was he couldn’t drive the ball downfield. 

So...if the draft falls in a certain way with a ton of QBs at the top and we get Parsons, Sewell, or maybe Chase/Smith in the first round then why would we not be happy with adding Jones in the second?

Burrow has a slightly better arm and he's a little bit more athletic. 

In the modern NFL an old school pocket QB is a tough sell. We've seen them dominate for the last two decades, but none of the new breed - Watson / Mahomes / Jackson / Allen (potentially Herbert) - fit that mould.

It's also a much easier transition to the NFL - Allen is the poster boy for it. He had two so-so years and broke out in year three. He survived those first two years because he had supreme physical gifts - namely that he could run for a first down with alarming regularity and he has a plus arm so could force a throw that wouldn't be on for most QBs. 

I can certainly understand the trepidation about drafting Jones - and no way I'd do it at #8 - but I just get the sense he's going to surprise a lot of people. 

53 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

No thank you.

He's a guy that people fall in love with physically (albeit his footwork is awful), but he doesn't have it mentally. He doesn't process the field at all. 

That's not what I have read.  I have read this guy is quite smart.  

I don't know enough about him one way or another but if he's willing to learn who knows how hi his ceiling. 

7 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

That's not what I have read.  I have read this guy is quite smart.  

I don't know enough about him one way or another but if he's willing to learn who knows how hi his ceiling. 

There's a difference between being intelligent and being able to process a football field. 

The lowdown on Newman is that he struggles when asked to throw between the numbers because he just doesn't have a great picture of what's happening. He had a bad week at the Senior Bowl.

16 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

Mac Jones is basically Will Grier.

Change my mind.

No national championship for Will Grier. No undefeated season. Didn't help one of his receivers win the Heisman Trophy. 

Will Grier college career comp %: 65.7 (621-945)

Mac Jones college career comp %: 74.2 (413-556)

And I don't think anyone can really realistically compare the programs at WVU and Alabama. Plus, did you watch the national championship game this year? Jones was totally in control behind the line. He made passes all over the field, at all levels, read his receivers quickly, delivered the ball efficiently with plenty of zip and amazing touch when needed. And he was going against an excellent defense. 

Was he playing behind an excellent line? Yep and we should make it a point to draft as many of those guys as possible over the next few years.

C'mon man, you've got to be kidding with the Wil Grier thing...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1