• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox has in fact lost this team

CRA

Mr. Scott, Hate to agree on a new coach but I have to. He blantingly has no faith in our QB to throw the ball so he leaves him in there to "hand" the ball to the running team. We can't win the games we need to without a passing game.

On John Boy and Billy this morning they had the guy who follows and attends all our games. His says we need a new coach, he has lost all faith in Fox. John Boy and Billy agreed with him.

I think (know) we have some of the best players in the NFL playing for us. We need a coach who has some balls to play them correctly. No wonder they

We all know fox is on the way out regardless. The real question becomes

does JR hire a young offensive coach and retain the services of Meeks, or get another defensive coach with all his own personnel and start from scratch again? The way our D has stepped up, they'll be fun to watch starting from week 1 next season instead of starting in the 2nd quarter of the season.

We all know fox is on the way out regardless. The real question becomes

does JR hire a young offensive coach and retain the services of Meeks, or get another defensive coach with all his own personnel and start from scratch again? The way our D has stepped up, they'll be fun to watch starting from week 1 next season instead of starting in the 2nd quarter of the season.

Richardson prefers defensive coaches. It's the only kind he's ever even interviewed for the job.

My current preference would be Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC).

Richardson prefers defensive coaches. It's the only kind he's ever even interviewed for the job.

he is an awesome DC but the way the league has been headed the past few years you really need imo an offensive minded HC.

That's why I was throwing out the what-ifs I guess. I know historically JR only does defensive coaches. I just hate to think that this whole season of our D getting acclimated could be a complete waste of time if they brought in a new defensive minded coach. You can see that it took our boys 4-5 real games to get where they should be with their assignments and such. If Meeks stayed, at least we have some level of consistency and continuity to look forward to next season.

Sometimes it's not a matter of experience, just perspective.

The most sensible thing said in this thread......thank you. :cheers2:

I really believe deep down if everybody could just pull their head out of their ass, and come together.....we can salvage something from this horrible start this season.

There is more going on than we know, and it needs a quick remedy.

That's why I was throwing out the what-ifs I guess. I know historically JR only does defensive coaches. I just hate to think that this whole season of our D getting acclimated could be a complete waste of time if they brought in a new defensive minded coach. You can see that it took our boys 4-5 real games to get where they should be with their assignments and such. If Meeks stayed, at least we have some level of consistency and continuity to look forward to next season.

Zimmer would run a similar system. I don't know that it would be a huge adjustment. He ran a 3-4 under Parcells but he's primarily a 4-3 guy.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Meeks get the job if Fox is gone.

At the very least he'd get an interviw, and deservedly so. He's had head coaching interviews before.

Zimmer would be my preference because he's got a longer, more successful record, but I wouldn't be against Meeks getting a look.

Archived