• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox has in fact lost this team

CRA

Matt Moore is worse than Jake. If he wasn't, then he would be starting.

Fox doesn't have a blind love of Jake, or any Panther player. Fox loves his family, and his incredible paycheck.

Fox would start Moore if he were the better QB, no matter how high Jake's salary.

1. Jake

2. Moore

3. Feely <-Doesn't know the offense

I have said that I want Moore to start, but that's mostly because I can't look at Jake any longer. Even the sight of the #17 is starting to bother me. We would be a SB caliber team if we had a good QB. We would have beaten the holy crap out of the Saints if not for Jake.

The hunt for a good QB begins in full as soon as the season ends imo. Until then, just close your eyes whenever Jake throws. If you hear *intercepted*, then turn the channel for a while. Then when you switch back, it'll be like we punted. If you're at the game, then god help you, because Jake won't.

I've heard that before, but by that logic DeShaun Foster was better than DeAngelo. Rodney Peete was better than Jake. David Carr was better than Matt Moore. Justin Hartwig was better than Ryan Kalil. And so on...

Fox has an unfortunate tendency to think "more experienced" automatically equals "better".

Sometimes it's true, but not always.

I've heard that before, but by that logic DeShaun Foster was better than DeAngelo. Rodney Peete was better than Jake. David Carr was better than Matt Moore. Justin Hartwig was better than Ryan Kalil. And so on...

Fox has an unfortunate tendency to think "more experienced" automatically equals "better".

Sometimes it's true, but not always.

At what point was Williams better than Foster? In what ways? I think Williams had better natural ability than Foster right away. But did Williams have the same or better knowledge of the position than Foster? I tend to assume that Foster knew the position better than Williams when he remained the starter. Sometimes picking up a blitzer is more important than who has the edge in talent. This idea can be applied to any comparison of players.

Our offense isn't simple, so starting Feely would be a mistake imo. No pro offense is simple, they are all complicated and difficult to learn and master. Jake has an edge as far as his knowledge of our offense. I don't think Jake has any more talent than Moore or Feely. He might even have less talent at this point in his career.

I tend to agree with Fox that the edge in knowledge is more important than the edge in talent. I don't mind waiting for a more talented player to fully learn a positon behind a less talented veteran. Mental errors will harm a football team more than a slight drop off in talent imo.

I'm not saying that you're coming out of left field by saying that Fox should place more emphasis on talent, and less on knowledge. But I have a more conservative mindset, and in that way I tend to agree with Fox.

At what point was Williams better than Foster? In what ways? I think Williams had better natural ability than Foster right away. But did Williams have the same or better knowledge of the position than Foster? I tend to assume that Foster knew the position better than Williams when he remained the starter. Sometimes picking up a blitzer is more important than who has the edge in talent. This idea can be applied to any comparison of players.

Our offense isn't simple, so starting Feely would be a mistake imo. No pro offense is simple, they are all complicated and difficult to learn and master. Jake has an edge as far as his knowledge of our offense. I don't think Jake has any more talent than Moore or Feely. He might even have less talent at this point in his career.

I tend to agree with Fox that the edge in knowledge is more important than the edge in talent. I don't mind waiting for a more talented player to fully learn a positon behind a less talented veteran. Mental errors will harm a football team more than a slight drop off in talent imo.

I'm not saying that you're coming out of left field by saying that Fox should place more emphasis on talent, and less on knowledge. But I have a more conservative mindset, and in that way I tend to agree with Fox.

but being "book smart" and having experiece at a position doesn't make you better. Foster fumbled and ran into piles....Williams was better in 07.

Jake may be able to sit in a meeting and breakdown stuff better than Moore.....Moore is worth the gamble now b/c Jake and what he did in years prior is now irrelevant....he doesn't seem to be able to actually play the position any longer despite his greater knowledge and experience.

but being "book smart" and having experiece at a position doesn't make you better. Foster fumbled and ran into piles....Williams was better in 07.

Jake may be able to sit in a meeting and breakdown stuff better than Moore.....Moore is worth the gamble now b/c Jake and what he did in years prior is now irrelevant....he doesn't seem to be able to actually play the position any longer despite his greater knowledge and experience.

I wouldn't mind starting Moore over Jake, even though Moore will go through some growing pains on the field. Still we have no chance in making the playoffs, so why not? Maybe we go 8-8 with Jake, 6-10 with Moore. At least we fans will know that the coaches tried to make a change and solve the QB problem, rather than sticking with Jake.

If we had a better record, then I'd rather stick with Jake.

Something to consider...

Commenting on Matt Moore's first NFL pass - a 43 yard completion to Keary Colbert - Delhomme said (paraphrasing) "I've run that play a bunch of times, but never went with that throw".

Sometimes it's not a matter of experience, just perspective.

"Do they need a new head coach?" is the biggest question right now.

Hate to say it, but barring a near miraculous turnaround, I'm ready to answer "yes". And I do so with the full knowledge that, with the way things work, Fox will probably get a head coaching job elsewhere and lead that team to a Super Bowl victory.

I just think the hole that's been dug here has gotten too deep. Sometimes you just need a reboot. Fox moving on means that he and the Panthers both get to hit the reset button.

Something to consider...

Commenting on Matt Moore's first NFL pass - a 43 yard completion to Keary Colbert - Delhomme said (paraphrasing) "I've run that play a bunch of times, but never went with that throw".

Sometimes it's not a matter of experience, just perspective.

my favorit one was when delhomme asked him why he threw it to a particular play, he answered "Because he was open.":D

Archived