• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 2021 Front Office news*

razorwolf

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, razorwolf said:

This is for Mr. Scot, Josh Klein, or reliable source!

Do y'all think the Panthers will fill the front office (Dir. of Football Operations; Dir. of Football Staff; and possibly a Asst. General Manager) openings before the draft or after the draft?

I bet all of that happens after draft.

39 minutes ago, razorwolf said:

This is for Mr. Scot, Josh Klein, or reliable source!

Do y'all think the Panthers will fill the front office (Dir. of Football Operations; Dir. of Football Staff; and possibly a Asst. General Manager) openings before the draft or after the draft?

After, if they fill them.

The Panthers currently list Sean Padden as "Vice President of Football Operations", so Bryan Porter's position may have become redundant. Despite the title, my understanding is that "Director of Football Operations" wasn't really a "football" position per se. It was a logistics position, planning travel to road games and stuff like that.

Mark Carrier's Executive Director of Football Staff position was probably redundant too. Marty was looking to get Carrier into the football side of Panthers front office so it's possible the title was created specifically for him, but Rhule and Fitterer didn't share that particular interest, so...

That leaves the Assistant GM spot, something we haven't had for a while but which I think we could actually use (and Tepper seems to agree). I've seen lots of speculation that the Panthers could go after Dan Morgan for that job, and it makes sense not only because of Morgan's connection to the team but because he and Scott Fitterer have a mutual respect for each other. Morgan credits Fitterer for teaching him how to do personnel work.

I know a lot of us would love to see that happen.

• Pie 1