• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other team's cuts thread

Captain Morgan

with the salary cap situation, some good players are going to get cut early.  We won't be big shoppers, but we need a thread to keep track of who just became available.  Saints in particular are clearing space right now.

Saints cut OL Easton, TEs Jason Vanderlaan and Cole Wick.

https://nfltraderumors.co/saints-cut-ol-nick-easton-te-jason-vander-laan-te-cole-wick/

#Eagles WR and TE Room expected to look different

are projecting Marquise Goodwin, DeSean Jackson, and TE Zach Ertz to be Salary Cap Casualties to save the team 21M #NFL

Giants cut WR DaMari Scott and  DB Shakiel Taylor

https://nfltraderumors.co/giants-waive-wr-damari-scott-db-shakial-taylor/

Edited by Captain Morgan
  • Beer 1

36 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:
Official NFL transactions: #Seahawks release backup guard Chance Warmack. He opted out of last season after signing because of COVID-19 reasons

Veteran guard, former 10th overall pick, former Eagle & Seahawk (though he never suited up for SEA due to COVID opt out)

I fully expect the team to reach out to him.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 4

2 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:
Official NFL transactions: #Seahawks release backup guard Chance Warmack. He opted out of last season after signing because of COVID-19 reasons

Man, I have a fear of Bama OL.  This guy was drafted in round 1, #10 overall.  I do not think he has played since 2018.

Maybe?  But why is he a journeyman?  Why has he not played?  I have an inquiring mind and I want to know.

Edited by MHS831

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Man, I have a fear of Bama OL.  This guy was drafted in round 1, #10 overall.  I do not think he has played since 2018.

Maybe?  But why is he a journeyman?  Why has he not played?  I have an inquiring mind and I want to know.

Trolling some Titans message boards for some answers and a user claiming to have a source that worked with Warmack on non-football related stuff said that he was so wide and big at Bama that they never really did much to hone technique (which is the common complaint about Bama OL: they're big af but have no technique, heavy feet, etc). His weight also really got up there and he had to manage it. Mauler in the run game, weak in pass pro. High praise for his intelligence as well.

Looks like he's spent the last few years as a back-up and was the first NFL player to collect on loss-of-value insurance due to college injuries.

• Pie 2