• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drunk football?

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, dave-o said:

Back in the 70's Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson was doing coke bumps on the sideline while playing for the Cowgirls...  Probably more players than that up thru the 80's...

He was found (a few years after playing) living under a bridge in the Dallas area.  He won the lottery TWICE--once it was $28m. 

One of the games he used coke--the Super Bowl vs. Pittsburgh.

"Henderson did have one big play against Bradshaw, sacking him in the second quarter while linebacker Mike Hegman yanked the ball out and ran 37 yards for a touchdown. Bradshaw, though, had the last laugh, throwing for 318 yards and four touchdowns; he was named Super Bowl MVP.

On the sidelines at the Orange Bowl that day, Henderson said he utilized a small spray bottle that contained a mixture of water and cocaine.

“I had a deviated septum that was a bloody mess, and I had this big scab,” he said. “When you’re snorting (cocaine) pebbles up your nose, it’s going to hurt the lining of your nose. But I was only using the (the spray bottle) for medical purposes to ease the pain, not to get high.”

There already had been plenty of that going on during Super Bowl week.

“I’m in Miami, the headquarters of cocaine, and I was trying some new stuff,” Henderson said. “Some Colombian drug dealers were just giving me stuff. I had about four ounces on me when I got on the team plane to go back to Dallas after the game.”

By the next season, Henderson’s antics and cocaine problems had worsened. Brandt said he confronted Henderson after he received an anonymous call about his drug use but that the linebacker denied it.

This is a very interesting account of Hollywood Henderson: https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/28/hollywood-henderson-looks-back-at-wild-drug-addicted-super-bowl-days/

• Pie 1

Aaaeee the old Maurice Clarett method..... Ill share this, at some point mid 2000s I was training bouncing around form different groups. One of my New jersey power lifting friends said to come on up and get some punishment. This guy was about 420 LBs 6'6, one of the nicer people you'd meet. Then I was introduced to vodka lifting...... Even without the vodka it was nothing for people to puke at this gym, but this was a whole another world.... I wasnt a huge fan, cause at that time needed around 1 litter for effects to start. I leftd and didnt carry on the vodka part. Thank god that group stopped months later as well. Still joke about that for time to time....

Edited by Basbear

Sign of the times.  This is shocking?  Dudes in the seventies smoked cigarettes on the sidelines and definitely drank before after and during games.  

I mean, doctors used to smoke cigarettes while consulting with patients in the fuggin hospital back then.

Edited by Shocker