• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes @ Red Wings 3/14-3/16

Harbingers

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

I don't know that I'd say the Canes D was close to "top notch" last night. Dougie was more interested in getting shots on goal than he was playing defense. Not his best effort defensively. Tripp even mentioned it. Peace was okay and Slavin was his usual consistent self. But none of the blue liners were getting their name called last night. I think the team played like this was a gimme.

Yep. Only Aho really skated the “60 minutes” out there I feel like. We were getting shot hungry and over played it a bit too, letting Detroit get behind us way too much. I mean at one point Jake Bean was 1v4(or 5 don’t remember exactly) we are damn lucky that didn’t turn into a goal for them.

I do feel like Rod should have played Ned there but he does what he does with the goalies and that's just something we have to live with, maybe he'll go back to the hot hand goalie. Reimer was not dialed in last night.

Svech is starting to worry me a bit, more so for his sanity. He's getting shut down from his side and picked on by the refs a lot. He needs a confidence boost game soon. I kinda think we should put him up with Aho for a bit once Tro is back. I don't think it would hurt any of our other lines in reality since they all are pretty damn good and McGinn would do fine with Staal. Also Staal was slow as fug out there last night, don't know if he's feeling a residual injury affect or what but he looked like a tank out there compared to most of the skaters.

In the end they came out ready. We weren't even close.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Svech is starting to worry me a bit, more so for his sanity. He's getting shut down from his side and picked on by the refs a lot. He needs a confidence boost game soon. I kinda think we should put him up with Aho for a bit once Tro is back. I don't think it would hurt any of our other lines in reality since they all are pretty damn good and McGinn would do fine with Staal.

You're seeing this, too, eh? I wasn't going to say anything, but after last night's dumb penalties, it's hard to avoid. A face-off circle penalty? Really? 

Svech needs a 2-3 point game to get his head back on straight.

Oh, and I would have yanked Reimer after the second time he lost his stick. I get that most coaches won't pull their goalie unless he's getting lit up, but allowing a bunch of goals is just as much a concentration thing as holding onto your stick.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1